Options

Yosemite Server Backup

arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
Anybody here use this? We've got Backup Exec 10d and I'm pretty sure we don't have any maintenance agreements on it. They've got a "competitive upgrade" for BE users for under a grand, and you don't have to pay for any server agents. Plus I believe it has deduplication, which 10d does not. I'm thinking about downloading the 60 day trial to see if it's more efficient than BE. Right now we're backing up to a Storageworks 960 (LTO3) and a couple of Maxtor USB hard drives.
[size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
What's left: Graduation![/size]

Comments

• Options
    SilentsoulSilentsoul Member Posts: 260
    arwes wrote: »
    Anybody here use this? We've got Backup Exec 10d and I'm pretty sure we don't have any maintenance agreements on it. They've got a "competitive upgrade" for BE users for under a grand, and you don't have to pay for any server agents. Plus I believe it has deduplication, which 10d does not. I'm thinking about downloading the 60 day trial to see if it's more efficient than BE. Right now we're backing up to a Storageworks 960 (LTO3) and a couple of Maxtor USB hard drives.

I have messed with it 1 time at a clients site on a small consulting gig i did for a doctors office. It was the biggest piece of junk i have ever messed with. I know BE can be a pain but i could never get Yosemite to even see another media to backup to. I was trying to reset backups after the external storage they were backing up to crashed. I never did get it to work, I ended up using WD sync for a patch until we could get some other software. Awful.