Options

WIC-1T vs WIC-1DSU-T1

superkingkongsuperkingkong Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I'm in the midst of looking for 2620 routers.

Some comes with T1 and some with 1T.

Other than the physical connection, in terms of usability, any differences?

also, on configuration point of view in all situations in lab env, are they the same?

thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Different interfaces. They both give you a serial interface but how they're presented is different.

The WIC-1T just gives you an async/sync serial port. If you were trying to plug it into a T1 line then you'd need an external CSU/DSU.

The WIC-1DSU-T1 also gives you a serial port but it has the CSU/DSU built into it so you can plug it directly into a T1 line.

As for what you want in a lab, either will work but you need to use all of the same type. Making a frame relay switch is probably more expensive if you're using T1 cards however. Generally people use the serial port only cards and most labs are setup assuming this. Some of the configuration is different between the cards.
  • Options
    superkingkongsuperkingkong Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    tiersten wrote: »
    Some of the configuration is different between the cards.

Thanks for the info.

Care to explain a bit more on the differences in configuration? maybe an example?

thanks again.

Is Wic-1DSU-T1 has the same functionality as VWIC-2MFT-T1? I think vwic-2mft-t1 uses RJ48, can i still use a t1 cross-over to connect wic-1dsu-t1 and vwic-2mft-t1?

Thanks in advance.