Options

final certification exams questions.

Ali SarwanAli Sarwan Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I m in module 2 of CCNA exploration, i passed my module-1 with 89%.

1. I need to know that what are minimun numbers needed to pass CCNA certification?

2. If I'm passing my all 4 modules with 85+%, do i have to study any thing else than the stuff provided by academy?

3. I am also registered to other forums from where i use to get different stuff to work on, like labs and questions. I had not bought any kind of book by CISCO press to prepare. Should I look for book even if i m working with many other material other thn book?

4. What do u suggest to go for CCNA 640-802 OR ICDN1 and ICDN2, for final certification?

Comments

• Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Ali Sarwan wrote: »

1. I need to know that what are minimun numbers needed to pass CCNA certification?

2. If I'm passing my all 4 modules with 85+%, do i have to study any thing else than the stuff provided by academy?

3. I am also registered to other forums from where i use to get different stuff to work on, like labs and questions. I had not bought any kind of book by CISCO press to prepare. Should I look for book even if i m working with many other material other thn book?

4. What do u suggest to go for CCNA 640-802 OR ICDN1 and ICDN2, for final certification?

1)I think it is 850/1000 or so. It probably varies.

2)It depends. The stuff the academy has you read is almost exactly what is in the book, so if you are reading and understanding that properly: absolutely. Extra studying would only help though, and if you are shelling out for the exam I would highly suggest at least another practice testing program.

3)You probably don't need a book as long as the resources of the academy are open to you. I always find it is nice to have a book, especially after the academy locks its gates to you.

4)I did the two exam route, so I could get the CCENT. However the 802(CCNA) exam is what the academy is based on I believe, so that might be a better choice. People say that the single exam test means you get your CCENT, it does not. It also does not mean you would have passed the CCNET. It has more questions on more fundamentals than the CCNA exam does, and if those were hard to grasp by someone but not EIGRP or OSPF or switching things the CCENT could very well be harder than the 802 exam.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    I went through the Network Academy program from 2004-2006 and passed all 4 modules with 90+% but didn't take the exam afterward for various reasons. After recently passing the ICND1 and studying for the ICND2, I feel that I would have failed the exam if I had taken it immediately following CCNA4.

Don't get me wrong, I learned a ton in class. But, you definitely need some hardcore study time after you finish the courses to really drill on the information. For example, I passed all 4 courses with an "A" and barely knew how to subnet. I knew the basics of all the CCNA concepts, but you need to know them like the back of your hand for the exam.

To answer your question on materials, I'm sure the info in your textbooks is quite sufficient if you really let it sink in and make sure you can explain all the topics on the exam blueprint. If you do want to go for a second text, the CCENT/CCNA books by Sybex are nice to read for another point of view.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Ali Sarwan wrote: »

To build on what was already said:

1. Everything you need to know about both the CCNA and the ICND1/ICND2 routes can be found here. The score needed and total possible is subject too change at any time, so don't get to wrapped up in specific numbers other than knowing its around 85%.

2. Everything you need to know and then some is covered in the Academy classes. That being said, you should still do some additional studying before booking the exam. By the time you finish the 4th semester, it'll be some time since you've seen some of the earlier material.

3. Your textbooks and lab manuals from the four Academy semesters will be fine if you don't want to buy anything else. But if you check the CCNA FAQ sticky on this forum, there are links to a free CCNA textbook and a several sources of free labs (websites and books). Todd Lammle and Wendell Odom's books are thought quite highly of if you do want to purchase additional material.

4. Thats entirely up to you and your preferences. I'm personally going for the one test route due to fact that I did very well on all of the Academy final exams and the practice CCNA tests at the end, plus I've put in a lot of work before and after the Academy courses. But others prefer the two test route since there's less material to worry about at one time. When you start getting close to the end of the Academy classes, you'll have a better idea of where you stand and which route you want to go down.