Options

Failed 70-291 with a 592

boardrider27boardrider27 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Failed the Beast last week with a 592, not that far off, couple of questions right and think I would have scrapped through. Was thrown by the amount of Sims compared to the 70-290 I did last time (score of 940). Read the MS press book, used the Readiness suite and ****** (that name is a little ironic in this situation!). Good old Microsoft though giving me a second shot for free next week.

Not sure if this crosses a line but for those who have taken the exam more than once, did you find the same questions came up or was it completely different?? I'm guessing there is a large exam bank with hundreds of questions which are randomly selected. Interested out of morbid curiousity more than anything.

I can see why everyone calls it the beast now, bloody hard test!! Keeps everyone on their toes which good I suppose.

Hardcore study here I come!!!

Comments

• Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Failed the Beast last week with a 592, not that far off, couple of questions right and think I would have scrapped through. Was thrown by the amount of Sims compared to the 70-290 I did last time (score of 940). Read the MS press book, used the Readiness suite and ******** (that name is a little ironic in this situation!). Good old Microsoft though giving me a second shot for free next week.

Not sure if this crosses a line but for those who have taken the exam more than once, did you find the same questions came up or was it completely different?? I'm guessing there is a large exam bank with hundreds of questions which are randomly selected. Interested out of morbid curiousity more than anything.

I can see why everyone calls it the beast now, bloody hard test!! Keeps everyone on their toes which good I suppose.

wow the forum has become full of people using ****..... what is the world coming to...

You sir cheated and still did not pass.... icon_cheers.gif
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    And misspelled the **** name to get it through the filter..dang
    If they were the same questions every time the **** would have worked, also everyone would just use the second chance to go home and study the questions.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Failed the Beast last week with a 592, not that far off, couple of questions right and think I would have scrapped through. Was thrown by the amount of Sims compared to the 70-290 I did last time (score of 940). Read the MS press book, used the Readiness suite and ******* (that name is a little ironic in this situation!). Good old Microsoft though giving me a second shot for free next week.

First of all, the second tool you used is cheating. If you do pass this test, and Microsoft finds out about that, they can take your certifications away and bar you from every taking a Microsoft test again.

As far as the second comment in the quote, that sounds like a great idea. Just make sure you use good study materials. You can check most things at certguard.com to make sure that it is legit and won't result in being stripped of your certification.

It is important to learn material and not just memorize. **** are good if you want a passing score, but don't want to learn the material. That comes back to bite you in the butt when you find yourself in a job that you have the certs to do, but you have no idea how to do it. Also, I don't think that **** can really prepare you for a simulation test. For those kinds of tests you need to have hands on experience and know the information behind it. Which is probably why you still failed even after cheating.

Clean it up and study hard. Good luck on your next attempt.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    boardrider27boardrider27 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow okay, I was under the impression that... that software was a legitimate study tool. Fair enough I'll try something else. I'm not one for cheating guys, I take this stuff pretty seriously.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    All you have to do is check certguard.com or even just spell the name correctly here, they have a filter which catches most everything. But then again I don't Know if you misspelled it or if that dumpsite had changed their name. The bad thing is that when you're searching for resources on the net the dumpsites usually come up before the legitimate sites.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Wow okay, I was under the impression that... that software was a legitimate study tool. Fair enough I'll try something else. I'm not one for cheating guys, I take this stuff pretty seriously.

I just checked out the website on CertGuard | IT Certification Exam Security & Integrity just to make sure, and they classify it as a braindump.

We have found information about this website that leads us to believe the owners or operators are selling, or promoting the sale of, copyrighted materials that do not belong to them. We highly suggest you avoid them if you are concerned with the value of your ceritifcations and do not want to risk losing your certifications.
    If you are the owner or operator of this site, we want to help you provide a better environment for the Exam Candidates who patronize your website. Please read our Guidelines on changing the classification of your site. If you are interested, you can contact us through our Contact Form and we will get back to you within 72 hours.
    There are hundreds of legitimate Practice Test Providers, free or otherwise that will not put your certifications at risk.
    For more info, CLICK HERE!!
    Decide what to be and go be it.