Options

70-680 Practice Test Q.

TrinitynzxtTrinitynzxt Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm studying for the 70-680 right now and am taking the test next week Thursday. Are there any practice exams with more than 10 questions out there for free, that are reliable?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think the u-certify has like 15 questions. What book are you using?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    I'm currently not using a book. I've been in IT for about 7 years now and have been using Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate since release. I simply was looking for 100+ question practice test that is free if something like that exists. The only thing that worries me is the command line questions as there are a ton of different syntax to memorize. As for the command line I downloaded a guide I found off the web that seems pretty in depth with the command line portion. The guide is titled: - MCTS Windows 7 Configuring 70-680 Exam Study Guide (2009).pdf
  • Options
    Personally don't think you'll find anything good free. There's not that much good out there that's not free to tell the truth. Just make sure you've looked over the objectives and are comfortable with them. Good luck!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Well if I do have to pay which is the best practice tests to get. Measure Up, Transcender?
  • Options
    bdubbdub Member Posts: 154
    Selftest is pretty good which is what I'm using (havent taken the test yet) its $49 for the online version.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well if I do have to pay which is the best practice tests to get. Measure Up, Transcender?

I like Transcender. I have heard mixed reviews on their windows 7 stuff. But they continuously improve it, so maybe it is good now.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    I've heard they're pretty equal and both pretty good. Transcender has more stuff but costs more.
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    I've heard they're pretty equal and both pretty good. Transcender has more stuff but costs more.

What about the 250+ practice questions that come with the MS Press book for 70-680 are those pretty good. I've heard mixed reviews about the ms press book for 70-680 like peeps saying that the information is incorrect in the book ect.
  • Options
    There are a lot of typos, chapter 2 & 3 are written like crap, you'll have to revise them using technet articles. I've heard the measure up tests with the book are ok, but self test is better.
  • Options
    StantzStantz Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    There are a lot of typos, chapter 2 & 3 are written like crap, you'll have to revise them using technet articles. I've heard the measure up tests with the book are ok, but self test is better.
    +1

Chapters 1, and 4-14 are done quite well (Chapter 13 could use a bit of work).
    2 and 3 just seem like a hastily put cut and paste job . You can easily fill that gap with Technet articles which is what i did , and it worked out fine .

As far as test questions i used the MS Press book, the MeasureUp Iphone App, and the Kaplan questions which were the strongest.
  • Options
    manjalymanjaly Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are there any practice exams with more than 10 questions out there for free, that are reliable?

You probably have already appeared for the test. But if you are still looking for free online practice tests and sample questions for the Microsoft certification Exam 70-680, you may take a look at MyWindowsClub.com. It is a windows website owned by Microsoft MVPs and offer Exam 70-680 practice tests on Microsoft exams. It is free and unlimited. You may choose the number of questions and take the tests any number of times. They offer free tracking of your progress as well in each practice test.
  • Options
    willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    I used this one when I was studying for the 680. There is a pool of about 50 questions on the site for the 680.

Free Microsoft Practice Exams - MCPD, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, MCSE Test Questions
  • Options
    mhoque8mhoque8 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    have anyone use the PrepEngine? they guarantee you pass or your money back...