Passed 70-680! and a note on Sybex

BDMBDM Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took the 70-680 this morning and passed! Got a little lower than I expected (781) but a pass is a pass.

I've seen some discussions on here about the Sybex 70-680 and thought I'd put in my two cents. I studied this book cover to cover, along with Transcender practice tests and a brief look at the Microsoft training kit (two days prior to the exam). I would have definitely failed this exam if I studied the Sybex book exclusively.

The book is a good easy read, and made me understand a lot of topics. However, it left out several major areas, such as: DISM, netsh, OVMST, MDT 2010, etc. It makes me wonder how they could publish a book while leaving out so many details?

That being said, if anyone is going to use the Sybex book to study, it should be a must that you use the Microsoft Training Kit in conjunction.

P.S; I also got an identical question on the exam that I saw on a practice test. icon_cool.gif

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • BDMBDM Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • KillermacKillermac Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, I have the admin guide and the windows 7 resource kit I will look at the 70-680 MS press book.

KM
    Killermac :)
    A+;Net+;XP,MCP, Security+, Win 7: 70-680
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    BDM wrote: »
    I took the 70-680 this morning and passed! Got a little lower than I expected (781) but a pass is a pass.

I've seen some discussions on here about the Sybex 70-680 and thought I'd put in my two cents. I studied this book cover to cover, along with Transcender practice tests and a brief look at the Microsoft training kit (two days prior to the exam). I would have definitely failed this exam if I studied the Sybex book exclusively.

The book is a good easy read, and made me understand a lot of topics. However, it left out several major areas, such as: DISM, netsh, OVMST, MDT 2010, etc. It makes me wonder how they could publish a book while leaving out so many details?

That being said, if anyone is going to use the Sybex book to study, it should be a must that you use the Microsoft Training Kit in conjunction.

P.S; I also got an identical question on the exam that I saw on a practice test. icon_cool.gif

Do you think that Sybex + the TechNet articles in the sticky thread here would supplement the Training Kit?
  • LCALCA Member Posts: 215
    Congrats!! :D

When I was studying for the Windows 7 exam I used mostly Technet and the 7 Reskit which I ended up reading large portions of. The Sybex book wasn't available then.

I am currently studying for 83-640

icon_study.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://sqlsnapshots.blogspot.com/ - My SQL Server exam resources blog
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• BDMBDM Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    xmalachi wrote: »
    Do you think that Sybex + the TechNet articles in the sticky thread here would supplement the Training Kit?

Absolutely!