Options

problem with 2611xm emulation in gns3

d_i_m_ad_i_m_a Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, all.
I have a problem with my 2611xm emulation in gns3. I use c2600-is-mz.123-22.bin ios image for it. I do some configuration, then save it, then close gns3. Then i start this file again but console session does not start.
What may the problem be?

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Ask on the GNS3 forum. They'll be better equipped to handle this. You actually set it up properly so the configurations get saved? If you don't know how to do that then Google :P
  • Options
    AkiiiAkiii Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    d_i_m_a wrote: »
    Hello, all.
    I have a problem with my 2611xm emulation in gns3. I use c2600-is-mz.123-22.bin ios image for it. I do some configuration, then save it, then close gns3. Then i start this file again but console session does not start.
    What may the problem be?

Did you try to turn on the router as first step?
    Do you have your correct putty path set up?
    C:\<your path>\putty.exe -telnet %h %p

Ákos
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    i had problem after problem with emulating 2611xm's in GNS3. Everything from consoles disappearing within the program to SDM being flaky. Finally switched over to a different platform and haven't had a single issue since.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    I'm using 3725's instead of 2600 series routers and they're working very well. I would try switching over to those instead of the 2611xm's if you have the IOS.
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Use the 3620 images. I had a problem with the 2620xm images.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    thenjduke wrote: »
    Use the 3620 images.
    The 3620 is "special" and wants its own IOS images. It is poorly supported by Cisco and doesn't have as wide range of IOS feature sets or versions as the regular 3640/3660 images. If you're going to run (or buy) a 3600 router then use the 3640 or 3660.

I've not actually checked to see what the difference between a 3620 and a 3640 is excluding the obvious hardware differences. I just know that CCO has a different tree for the 3620. It is most probable that because the 3620 is limited in memory that Cisco never bothered to release the newer/larger images for it before it was EoS/EoLed.