Options

CCNA (ICND2) up on Wednesday

clikcspeedclikcspeed Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys, I'm taking the ICND2 exam on Wednesday and I must say I've never felt anything like this before in ICND1, Microsoft or CompTIA certification exams. Maybe its because I'm now working but its been tough preparing for this exam - the study guide is only 2 pages but the actual stuff is tonnes of work.

Anyways, enough with the prose. As always I'm here for advice - besides time management! Besides RSTP (which I couldn't get to work in PT for some reason) I'd like to think that I'm fairly prepared. I'd like to spend the rest of tonight and Monday hammering on the key topics that'l come in the exam. Anyone anything?
-clikc-

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    clikcspeed wrote: »
    I'm here for advice - besides time management!
    Check out the exam tutorial & Cisco NDA today/tonight. Then you can either use that time before the exam where you get to go through those to write out your emergency brain freeze subnetting **** sheet on your scratch paper -- or you can get to the exam that much sooner.

Make sure you read the question and ALL the answers. Then READ THE QUESTION AGAIN before you select the correct answer(s).

Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif

Certification Exam Tutorial

Cisco Career Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    doc hollidaydoc holliday Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Time management is key! Do not spend a lot of time on multiple choice questions, if you don't know the answer or if you are unsure then pick the most logical answer and move one. No more than 10 minutes on a sim. You'll do fine.
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck!!! icon_thumright.gif
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    Hi guys thanks for all the support. Went in nervous but came out on top, scored 931. I'm so happy. I'm thinking of taking CCNA Security next but only after I get some lab equipment for hands-on experience...
    -clikc-
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi guys thanks for all the support. Went in nervous but came out on top, scored 931. I'm so happy. I'm thinking of taking CCNA Security next but only after I get some lab equipment for hands-on experience...

CONGRATS!!! Good luck on your future studies!!!
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□

Well done! I bet it feels good to have that under your belt now! Onward and upward!

After a little bit of celebrating =)
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□

Congrats on your pass and good luck moving forward.

Did you have any equipment when you were studying for the CCNA? Depending on what you already have, you may not need to buy anything else for the CCNA Security.
  • Options
    I've been using Packet Tracer 5.0 for both ICND1 and ICND2. It's not bad, just that it is not the real thing. Thanks guys, it really feels good - such a pity that this feeling doesn't last forever - or even a day because this is such a milestone!
    -clikc-
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Good luck with the rest of your studies!! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    johnwest43johnwest43 Member Posts: 294
    Congrats on the pass!! Whats next?
    CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014
  • Options
    johnwest43 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass!! Whats next?

Do you guys just have this question on speed dial? He said in the very next sentence whats next.... icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Options
    I've been using Packet Tracer 5.0 for both ICND1 and ICND2. It's not bad, just that it is not the real thing. Thanks guys, it really feels good - such a pity that this feeling doesn't last forever - or even a day because this is such a milestone!

I hear you on that. PT leaves a lot to be desired for the CCNA, I couldn't imagine trying to use it for anything beyond that. I hear 5.3 supports a ton more features, but I haven't really checked it out too throughly yet.
  • Options
    doc hollidaydoc holliday Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    congratulations duder

we really need a smiley that has a sign that says Victory!
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
  • Options
    Selfmade wrote: »
    congratulations duder

we really need a smiley that has a sign that says Victory!

victory-1.png

quick and dirty, I still need to play with the font a bit. :)
  • Options
    abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
    Nice score!!!!