Options

Ideas for a Tech Motivational Speech

EthicalEthical Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm drawing a blank and would really like some ideas in the way of a tech motivational speech topics. Lets see em' It can be anything.

icon_cheers.gif

Audience is 18-35yrs male and female, non technical. But its all I can put passion behind, and make believable.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Ethical wrote: »
    I'm drawing a blank and would really like some ideas in the way of a tech motivational speech topics. Lets see em' It can be anything.

icon_cheers.gif

Audience is 18-35yrs male and female, non technical. But its all I can put passion behind, and make believable.

Perhaps you can provide more specifics about what you are looking for?
    As I read your post, you state the only think you can make believable and put passion behind is tech-talk...yet cannot think of something to talk about? icon_scratch.gif

What sort of things do you find interesting?

Is this a school project? Work project? Community service project?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    As an idea, I'd do something like "Facebook/Twitter is more than just a click", and then explain everything behind it, the servers (databases, scripting, web development etc), the networking (routing, switching, etc), the technology involved. It get's the point across to people that when they moan that "Twitter is being ****, I can't do anything, **** Twitter", then they at least know how many of a million things they could be blaming.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Start off with something like this:

"Never before in human history have so many people communicated so little, to so many other people, as they do today..."

And then go on to talk about what a complete fap-job Twitter is....

or, if you're on the Twitter-is-the-solution-to-everything bandwagon, as many are, then spin it like this:

"Never before in human history have so many people communicated so much, to so many other people, as they do today..."

Whenever I have to do something like this I usually pilfer some famous quote and warp it a bit....Also, if I know someone in the audience, I usually look for something that I know will make at least a few of them uncomfortable.

MS
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It is your duty to tie your speech around Internet pron, after all - it's the very reason all of this great technology exists anyways.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    eMeS wrote: »
    Start off with something like this:

"Never before in human history have so many people communicated so little, to so many other people, as they do today..."

And then go on to talk about what a complete fap-job Twitter is....

or, if you're on the Twitter-is-the-solution-to-everything bandwagon, as many are, then spin it like this:

"Never before in human history have so many people communicated so much, to so many other people, as they do today..."

LOL, there is so much truth in all of that...
  • Options
    SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    Just quote anything Dr. House says, it's guaranteed to make the room so silent, you can hear a pin drop.

Make sure you ask pointed questions and be very brutal in selecting random unsuspecting listeners into answering your questions

You'll completely demotivate them!
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    Ethical wrote: »

icon_cheers.gif

Chicks dig nerds.

You're welcome.
  • Options
    EthicalEthical Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    stuh84 wrote: »
    As an idea, I'd do something like "Facebook/Twitter is more than just a click", and then explain everything behind it, the servers (databases, scripting, web development etc), the networking (routing, switching, etc), the technology involved. It get's the point across to people that when they moan that "Twitter is being ****, I can't do anything, **** Twitter", then they at least know how many of a million things they could be blaming.

thanks for everyones replies

I ended up doing it on facebook/twitter privacy. It went well, received a 92%alien.gif