Options

IPS and Unix

thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
Okay this is going to be fun. I am glad I was expose to Linux many moons again. How much time do you spend on the IPS cbt nuggets? I guessing SDM comes into play down the road?
CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.

Comments

• Options
    I think you could emulate a IPS device on VMWare instead of purchasing it correct?
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You might get more action if you post this in the CCSP forum.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    thenjduke wrote: »
    I think you could emulate a IPS device on VMWare instead of purchasing it correct?
    Certain versions of the IPS software can run in a VM but it involves quite a lot of work to do so. If you don't own an IPS box then you shouldn't have the IPS images though :P
  • Options
    Very true but I have account with Cisco through work so I can grab the images from the downloads. I may just buy a 4215 for the time being. Can I use a 2620xm and just by the module?