Options

Microsoft software kit

jubi2386jubi2386 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
It was about 2 years ago, so its going to be kind of hard for me to remember this so I hope someone can help me out here. About 2 years ago while in school a friend of mind had CD booklet filled with Microsoft licensed CD pretty much everything you can think of, and he told me he got these softwares from MS by paying about 100 dollars a year and i was wondering if anyone else knows about this and if so where can i get info about it.

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Most probably it is TechNet which is for IT staff but it is more than $100 a year and whilst the software is the full retail version, you're not supposed to use it in a production environment. You don't get the development tools.

MSDN is similar to TechNet except it includes nearly everything Microsoft including the development tools sell but you're only supposed to use it for development and not production. Several levels of membership and it is more than $100.

Action Pack is TechNet but for Microsoft partners. You're supposed to use the software to promote the usage of Microsoft products by clients.

If you're a student in an affiliated institution then you can get Microsoft Academic Alliance for free. Personal usage only.
  • Options
    so its not a good job for me to get it for just testing purposes? is there something else like this but only with evals?
  • Options
    jubi2386 wrote: »
    so its not a good job for me to get it for just testing purposes?
    TechNet aimed at testing and what you want. MSDN is aimed at development.
    is there something else like this but only with evals?
    Generally the evaluation versions are free to download after getting an account but not everything has an evaluation version available.
  • Options
    Alright thanks, i was just generally looking for server based evals.
  • Options
    Alright thanks, i was just generally looking for server based evals.
    Up to you at the end of the day. If you have TechNet then you'll have everything you need and it doesn't expire but you need to pay for it. If you just use the various evaluation versions then sometimes you may not be actually able to get an evaluation version and also you'll have to periodically reinstall.