Options

1751 router w/ 2FXS card, which IOS?

accelyaccely Member Posts: 101
Hello everyone, I have a cisco 1751 that has a 2FXS voice card installed. I dont think it's current image supports the card though. I've looked at a few of the Cisco tables that layout the IOS with features but I'm also wondering if anyone has a 1751 (not 1750) that is running a voice card and which IOS image they are using

Thanks,
Dan
Progress: CCIE RS Lab scheduled for Jan. 2012
Equipment: Cisco 360 program racks

Comments

• Options
    well after further investigation I think i need a PVDM-256K-4 to support the card

• Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    accely wrote: »
    well after further investigation I think i need a PVDM-256K-8 to support the card

Yep... I ran into this recently with a 1760. I needed the DSP resources in order to have my FXS/FXO cards read by my 1760. Just a side note... do some googling or asking on these forums... my 1760 uses the PVDM-12 (extremely cheap compared to the PVDM-256K-X). It's not documented or supported by cisco, but I've run into no issues. Check out the voice threads regarding DSPs and you may find your answer. HTH.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    Yep... I ran into this recently with a 1760. I needed the DSP resources in order to have my FXS/FXO cards read by my 1760. Just a side note... do some googling or asking on these forums... my 1760 uses the PVDM-12 (extremely cheap compared to the PVDM-256K-X). It's not documented or supported by cisco, but I've run into no issues. Check out the voice threads regarding DSPs and you may find your answer. HTH.

-Peanut

Great thanks, I went ahead and got the DSP ordered. Now I'm just working on the IOS