Ethical question

earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
In January I failed a Microsoft exam, 70-620, yes I FAILED VISTA.
In march, after I had already retaken and passed the exam I got an email from MS giving me a free exam voucher. I tried to contact them with the question of if I could use it for a DIFFERENT exam such as the 70-680. Got no reply. Now they send me a reminder that my times running out to use the voucher. Hre's the disclaimer on the email
Additional requirements: A voucher number may only be used for one Microsoft Certification exam, delivered at an Authorized Prometric Test Center (APTC). Vouchers are not transferable between programs or for use by anyone other than the recipient of this email. You must register for and take the exam between March 30 and June 30, 2010. Microsoft, Prometric, and APTCs are not responsible for lost or stolen vouchers or voucher numbers.
Does the between programs mean I can't/shouldn't use it for a different exam? Opinions please.
No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.

Comments

• peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    To me it sounds as if you can use it on any MS exam. If it does not explicitly state that you must use it for the 70-620 exam, then I don't see it as you trying to "get over". I would say use it on a different exam. HTH.
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    Sounds fine to me. You should call them to confirm if you're not positive.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I do not believe they would see this as an issue.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It looks like you could use it on anything. If the voucher isn't meant to be used with tests other than the Vista one, the Prometric site would probably reject it when attempting to reg for another exam. Try registering and see what comes up. From a legal standpoint using the print presented (oh snap there goes my Crim degree in use), there is no stipulation as to which exam it should be used on but rather "an" exam so technically you are not held liable.
  • darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Restrictions are usually built into the system so it will be rejected if it's not allowed.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I revisited this thread because WGU and examforce pressed the issue with me. Background: My mentor at WGU requires that all her students complete the exam force package before she'll approve them getting the voucher. I referred for the exam force last Thursday (before the memorial day holiday) and WGU had ordered the exam force for me but a week later and no examforce practice test yet.
    So I want to take the 70-642 exam, I'm ready for it. I checked the Prometric site and they are running low on seats for the exam this month (probably has to do with the second shot expiring) so I scheduled the 70-642 with the free voucher.
    Since WGU gives students 2 shots to pass the exam I now have 3 shots for this one if I can ever get my examforce so that I can officially be eligible to take the test. Hopefully I get it before I take the test..lol
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.