Options

ATM 1A-T3 modules

JSKJSK Member Posts: 166
I found 4 ATM 1A-T3 modules today. Any use for them in a home lab? Is it as simple as connecting them together with coax cables and crossing the Tx/Rx?

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    JSK wrote: »
    I found 4 ATM 1A-T3 modules today. Any use for them in a home lab? Is it as simple as connecting them together with coax cables and crossing the Tx/Rx?
    They'll work but you'll need to configure the line length if available or put in an attenuator if it doesn't have it. As for whether they'll be useful for a CCNA lab, probably not.
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    You can do but they sell VERY well on ebay and I sold two to finance some of the rest of my lab. Check out the price of them on ebay. You'll be shocked. Search "NM 1A-E3" The price of them has dropped a lot since I sold mine but back then I got just under $2k each for them as I showed them working but that was before the recession.

For ccnp level study, you might want to use them to form an atm connection and practice that but ... personally I would use them to finance lab equipment and cover exam costs. You will need a pair of coax cables and the right configuration of the interfaces.
    Kam.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□

Useful for back to back and you can play with ATM config then which may be useful in the field. Plenty of examples of point to point on the web for that.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! At this point I'm not sure they even work. I suspect they do because they were just pulled out of a working environment.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Thanks everyone! At this point I'm not sure they even work. I suspect they do because they were just pulled out of a working environment.

Find a chassis to put them in and find out!
  • Options
    Turgon wrote: »
    Find a chassis to put them in and find out!

You must be psychic. Sitting here doing exactly that. lol