Options

Internet blocked through ISA in a domain environment

GimmynoGimmyno Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi I was doing some testing at work and I noticed that I was able to surf the internet just resetting my Internet Explorer's default settings (Even though internet it's restricted for local domain users through ISA with a proxy server) ,Is there anything that could be done to avoid this?The company does not allow people to go on internet for security Reasons...what do you think is causing this? GPO not configured properly?

Cheers Guys :)

Comments

• Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Gimmyno wrote: »
    GPO not configured properly?

That's what it sounds like to me. Use a gpo to prevent user access to: Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > Proxy Server. My gpo removes the connections tab entirely. Oh and watch out for firefox, its been known to bypass proxy servers or not accept some gpo settings for proxy servers.
  • Options
    GimmynoGimmyno Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your reply phoeneous yeah It sounds really weird, users can see the Lan Settings Tab (Even the proxy's ip and port) but they can't make any changes to it because it's disabled through GPO, even after the default settings have been restored users are still unable to make changes to that tab but they can go on internet with no restrictions, I think that the Sys Admin doesn't know what he's doing..
    Cheers