Options

DTE Unknown (13) clocks stopped

sndp_2002sndp_2002 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a 2621XM with IOS 12.4(16a) and have installed a wic-2t it is being recognized and i an able to configure the interfaces but I am using the router as my internet router to connect to my ISP. the status of the interface is showing up but protocol is down. When I do show controllers i notice "DTE Unknown (13) clocks stopped" THe ISP provides the clock can someone please advice me on how I can get this to work?

Comments

• Options
    Dilbert65Dilbert65 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The only thing I can find about that error message is a thread from a while back on here. It turned out to be a bad WIC. Do you have any other WIC you can swap in to see?

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/8912-2610-wic-2t-connection-problems.html
  • Options
    wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    I was thinking hardware problem too, but it says status of the interface is showing up but protocol is down. Wouldn't this indicate that physically that the interface is ok? Just a layer 2 problem?
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    wbosher wrote: »
    I was thinking hardware problem too, but it says status of the interface is showing up but protocol is down. Wouldn't this indicate that physically that the interface is ok? Just a layer 2 problem?

I would assume there can be more things physically wrong wit the wic that would still allow it to show as 'up'. Trade out wic's to be safe.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    chmorin wrote: »
    I would assume there can be more things physically wrong wit the wic that would still allow it to show as 'up'. Trade out wic's to be safe.

I just thought that if there was a physical problem it would show as down/down, not up/down. confused.png
  • Options
    gprasadbgprasadb Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any updates on this? i am also facing the same issue 'DTE Unknown (13) clocks stopped'. I have swapped the WIC1T but still the same error so its not a hardware issue.

Could anyone help me on this