Options

Internet service provide

PRASANTHMULLAPUDIPRASANTHMULLAPUDI Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys can any one of you help me the concept of internet service provider (isp) in related to subnetting and configuring its interfaces.
Thank u.

Comments

• Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    You will need to give a bit more information before someone here can assist you. What are you having problems understanding? Subnetting the network you are issued by your Service Provider? Commands used to configure router interfaces?
  • Options
    monkerz wrote: »
    you will need to give a bit more information before someone here can assist you. What are you having problems understanding? Subnetting the network you are issued by your service provider?

i just need the concept of isp
  • Options
    An ISP (Internet Service Provider) is a company that collects a monthly or yearly fee in exchange for providing the subscriber with Internet access.

An ISP might provide dial-up service, cable, DSL, or other types of Internet access. Some ISPs are local while others are national. A national ISP will provide access throughout most of the nation, while a local ISP will only serve subscribers in a limited geographical region.

Does that help???
  • Options
    Monkerz wrote: »
    An ISP (Internet Service Provider) is a company that collects a monthly or yearly fee in exchange for providing the subscriber with Internet access.

An ISP might provide dial-up service, cable, DSL, or other types of Internet access. Some ISPs are local while others are national. A national ISP will provide access throughout most of the nation, while a local ISP will only serve subscribers in a limited geographical region.

Does that help???

K.Thank u
  • Options
    AbbeyandpapaAbbeyandpapa Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If I am not mistaken you are pretty much paying for use of the lines, be it cable or telephone.

Maybe use of the IP in some cases, though it is easy enough to get one I suppose unless you mind not necessarily being in your local subnet.

There are plenty more reliable DNS servers to attach to as well, so you don't really need your ISP for that either.

There is a whole world to who owns the phone and cable lines and the various leasing and rights laws that allow other companies to use the lines, i.e. dslextreme using AT&T phone lines for cheaper DSL or even some wireless companies piggybacking off the various wireless networks and offering cheaper service.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I gotta ask what all these strange posts/threads are about? We get a lot of questions asked in that strange form, and I wonder if we are being used by college students to provide them with their test and or study answers? I remember getting take home assignments with a similar format from my Networking instructor.
  • Options
    steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've noticed that too. Kinda interesting there have been two "different" today......
  • Options
    I gotta ask what all these strange posts/threads are about? We get a lot of questions asked in that strange form, and I wonder if we are being used by college students to provide them with their test and or study answers? I remember getting take home assignments with a similar format from my Networking instructor.

At least someone is getting some use out of me. :)

I think I am actually to the point of sitting for ICND1 now. If you get a Deja Vu feeling when looking over notes, are you ready? :P
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Monkerz wrote: »
    If you get a Deja Vu feeling when looking over notes, are you ready? :P

Hmm, depends on how you take that! If it's because you already know it then yes, if it's because you swear you have seen something like this before than maybe not icon_wink.gif

Best of luck to you!