Options

Study Question: What First, N+ Technotes or Exam Cram2?

jdog29jdog29 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey all, I'm new here. I just passed my A+ hardware and software the other day and am now getting ready for the N+. I bought the N+ technotes here and am getting ready to dive into them. My question is this: I also just got the EXam Cram2 N+ Study Kit with Practice Questions and book. What should I read and study first? I would like to strart sometime this weekend. What is a good way to go about studying this N+ stuff. This looks like a lot of information and just don't know where to start. Thanks for any help and information guys.

JDog29

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    There is probably not just one best way (depending a bit on the amount of experience and knowledge you have already), but I suggest studying per topic. Per exam objective that is (download from comptia.org). Start reading about a single topic or one chapter from the exam cram book, and read the same topic again in the TechNotes. Then take the practice questions from the book (if any) and the ones in the TechNotes SE (end of each 'chapter'). When covered it all, read the TechNotes one more time and take all the practice questions you have. That way you should have no trouble passing the exam.
  • Options
    jdog29jdog29 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, Webmaster. That sounds like an exellent plan. I will do just that. My experience is more in the hardware sense of things. I have been customizing and building computers for about seven years now. I just passed my A+ a few weeks back and am now ready to try for the N+.
    Thanks for the good advice.

Cheers,

JDog29
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    Thats how I started... lol... then I got bored with the book and just concentrated on the TechNotes, referring to my text when I felt something needed a bit more explanation.

You have plenty of information to ace the exam. The Technotes are that good.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    MissionKap1001MissionKap1001 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I studied with exam cram2 and then used the technotes afterwards. It worked for me. Exam cram 2 questions are very good too.