Options

I'm ready to sit for ICND1!

MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
I just read through the ICND1 blueprint one last time. I feel comfortable in my knowledge of each and every topic, except debug, but I will go over that tomorrow.

Tomorrow I am going to take the practice test that came with Odom's book. If I score in the 90th percentile, I will let my boss know I am ready to hit him up for some money for my exam. If I score less I will retouch each topic I missed, then hit my boss up for some money for the exam. :D

For now, I am tired and my eyes want me to put my laptop down and go to bed. I appreciate everyone's help and answers. I will let you know how things turn out!

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The practice test is way difficult than the acutal test. Plus if you get a 90% on the practice test, it doesn't mean you'll get a 90% on the real test. I always got under 70% andthe first time I took the test, I failed by one point but after a month of studying, I passed the test. Thats just me though.

The test isn't that hard if you know the material well.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck on your test Monkerz!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    The practice test is way difficult than the acutal test. Plus if you get a 90% on the practice test, it doesn't mean you'll get a 90% on the real test. I always got under 70% andthe first time I took the test, I failed by one point but after a month of studying, I passed the test. Thats just me though.

The test isn't that hard if you know the material well.
    So the boson practice test is harder than the real test?
    In the Boson practice test, it tells you how many answers you need to choose for a question that has multiple answers. Does the real test do it, too?
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • Options
    ToddBToddB Member Posts: 149
    good luck and wish me the same I'm taking mine This Friday 11:00am let ya know.
    :thumbup:

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    thehourman wrote: »
    In the Boson practice test, it tells you how many answers you need to choose for a question that has multiple answers. Does the real test do it, too?

Everything I've heard says that the newer versions of Boson are more difficult than the actual exam. I've lost count of how many people have said this, and I've yet to see anyone say that Boson is easier. However, most people say that the older versions of Boson are much easier than the actual exam, and the wording of the questions leaves a lot to be desired.

And yes, if they want 3 answers, they'll tell you choose 3.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    thehourman wrote: »

The real test will tell you what you need to do. It shouldn't leave you in the dark about stuff.

Check out these sites if you haven't.

Cisco Certification Exam Tutorial - Cisco Systems

confidentiality agreement

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/downloads/guest/learning/c644/ccmigration_09186a00801f7961.pdf

Certification Exam Tutorial - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    My advice is to do the entire 100+ practice questions and make sure when you get an answer wrong you put in the time to figure what the right answer is and understand it. Once you can get every answer right because you understand the question I'd say you are ready to go!

Good luck.
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good luck, let us know!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ToddB wrote: »
    good luck and wish me the same I'm taking mine This Friday 11:00am let ya know.

Same here!!! Good luck to you both :)

dang; by the time I got ahold of my credit card Friday was no longer available, so I'm due next Friday (11th) instead. Good luck to you both still :)
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    Good luck guys!

Well, the boss wasn't in the office today. Enjoying his vacation still. I will have to ask him about the exam when he returns. Until then, MORE STUDYING!!! icon_thumright.gif