Options

Finally finished Bsc Hons degree :D

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well after 5 hard long years of doing my honours degree part time whilst working, i have finally finished it! Damn, it feels good! An achievement im actually quite proud of - which suprises me slightly with the up and down experiances ive had with it. My final mark was a 1st class honours degree. I simply need to signing off for by the 2nd board for it to become official now but this should be no problem.

To all those in a similar boat, keep it up and you'll get there in the end. Now im hoping the hard work will pay off with better opportunities!

Next up will probably be a masters in advanced networking - if my student loan is accepted by the UK government. If not, it will be straight into the cisco studies once more and rapping up the ccnp. Wish me luck either way :D.
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Congrats buddy nice one icon_smile.gif

ps meant to say so earlier but got sidetracked lol
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats sir! That is quite an accomplishment!
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    SrSysAdminSrSysAdmin Member Posts: 259
    Cheers, mate! Graduating college is one of the proudest moments of my life thus far...good on ya!
    Current Certifications:

* B.S. in Business Management
    * Sec+ 2008
    * MCSA

Currently Studying for:
    * 70-293 Maintaining a Server 2003 Network

Future Plans:

* 70-294 Planning a Server 2003 AD
    * 70-297 Designing a Server 2003 AD
    * 70-647 Server 2008
    * 70-649 MCSE to MCITP:EA
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the accomplishment of that milestone in your life!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Thanks fella's!

• Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Good Job Nel!

My hat's off to you sir, that takes dedication to finish a degree while working and trying to make a living.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    thomas130thomas130 Member Posts: 184
    Nice one

I take it you study at Open University
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats buddy!
  • Options
    thomas130 wrote: »
    Nice one

I take it you study at Open University

Nope. at a local university mate. theres plenty throughout the UK which do part time courses nowadays.

• Options
    krusty83ukkrusty83uk Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats 1st class honours degree very nice.

I see you are from Edinburgh. What University did you go to? I done my BSc Network Computing at Napier.

Russell
  • Options
    krusty83uk wrote: »
    Congrats 1st class honours degree very nice.

I see you are from Edinburgh. What University did you go to? I done my BSc Network Computing at Napier.

Russell

hey,

Yeah i live in edinburgh but are from south of the border. Yep, same here, done it at napier too :).

funny i was just is stirling last weekend playing bowling after the weather was that sh*t we couldnt go skydiving! ha. I like that neck of the woods, some great countryside around that area of scotland.

• Options
    krusty83ukkrusty83uk Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    nel wrote: »
    hey,

Yeah i live in edinburgh but are from south of the border. Yep, same here, done it at napier too :).

funny i was just is stirling last weekend playing bowling after the weather was that sh*t we couldnt go skydiving! ha. I like that neck of the woods, some great countryside around that area of scotland.

I loved my time at Napier and staying in Edinburgh happy days. Take it you were at the Merchiston campus?

I graduated in 2006 now seems like a life time ago now!

I was boweling in Stirling on Saturday take it you were at the bowling ally around from the train station?

Yeah Stirling is ok esp up the Trossachs way near Loch Lomond

Small world eh?
  • Options
    krusty83uk wrote: »
    I loved my time at Napier and staying in Edinburgh happy days. Take it you were at the Merchiston campus?

I graduated in 2006 now seems like a life time ago now!

I was boweling in Stirling on Saturday take it you were at the bowling ally around from the train station?

Yeah Stirling is ok esp up the Trossachs way near Loch Lomond

Small world eh?

yeah napier isnt bad - a wide range of different nationalities thats for sure! Think i'll end up doing the Msc. with me not going FT i didnt exactly get the student experiance that you probably did. yeah ive lived in edinburgh a few years and its a nice place. Lacks networking roles sadly lol.

im not sure if it was near the station as we were in the car. Good laugh though and killed abit time whilst it was lashing down! :D