starting prep for 70-291

titantektitantek Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am just about to start prep for 70-291 and was wondering how much, if any, overlap there is between the 290 and the 291. Would studying for both simultaneously cause too much confusion?

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    From my understanding the 270 and 290 are very similar, and then the 291 is sort of out there.

That being said, it is all Microsoft, and all Active Directory. I was taking a class on the 291 while studying for the 290. I wouldn't say there is a ton of overlap, but it isn't conflicting information either. I personally would want to focus 100% on one and then move to the other, but it should be possible to do them both.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    titantek wrote: »
    I am just about to start prep for 70-291 and was wondering how much, if any, overlap there is between the 290 and the 291. Would studying for both simultaneously cause too much confusion?

I have to agree with what Devilsbane said. I think the 290 material may brush over some of the stuff that they go into finer detail on in the 291. I would recommend not studying for them together. I think the 290 is a great test to take if you are starting out on 2003. From what I've heard the 291 will be a challenging test and probably discouraging if you are just getting into 2003.
  • gatewaygateway Member Posts: 232
    The 290 doesn't really touch much on DNS or at all on RRAS, and these two are major parts of the 291. Definately do the 290 first though as it helps bring the material together.
    Blogging my AWS studies here! http://www.itstudynotes.uk/aws-csa
  • titantektitantek Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□