Options

Ccnp tshoot beta

billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
Hey guys,

I wanted to let you know that when I contacted Cisco several times about them still not releasing the TSHOOT beta results, they claimed that they would be released Today - 06/01/2010. I'm not expecting too much after being let down on the original release date, and based on the fact it's 12 PM my time, and they still aren't out yet. I just thought I'd let all you other beta testers know that way you can keep an eye on your account. After the end of the day today, I'm registering to re-take TSHOOT or move on to ONT. Whichever I decide here in the next few hours of the day that I want to do. Good luck! Hopefully Cisco won't let us down again! icon_thumright.gif

Comments

• Options
    NuulNuul Member Posts: 158
    After the end of the day today, I'm registering to re-take TSHOOT

Do eeeeet, that's what all the cool kids are taking :D

It sucks to hear that they jerked you beta testers around like they have. The least they could do is let you know yay or nay so you could move on with your studies.
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck... hopefully they'll release your scores today. If not, then you can knock out the ONT on Saturday!! icon_thumright.gif
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    I agree totally! That or give us a free voucher for an exam :) That's what I told them. LOL. But yeah, I'm just moving on after today. I've been beating around whether to do the old track or try the TSHOOT again.
  • Options
    BluetorchBluetorch Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah I've checked my account a few times already today, still no news though. I'll probably just schedule to take the TSHOOT again. It was a fun exam anyway and its not like I know 100% that I passed the beta anyway. I'm just ready for that CCNP status!

Exam vouchers would be a nice consolation though :D
    In Progress:
    BS - Information and Communication Technology
    CCIE Written
  • Options
    Bluetorch wrote: »
    Yeah I've checked my account a few times already today, still no news though. I'll probably just schedule to take the TSHOOT again. It was a fun exam anyway and its not like I know 100% that I passed the beta anyway. I'm just ready for that CCNP status!

Exam vouchers would be a nice consolation though :D

I totally know where you are coming from man! I'm going to do the same thing I believe. If they aren't released by the end of the day they aren't coming out. I know what Cisco is up to if that's the case. They won't release them until July 31, 2010 or August 1, 2010. That way only option is TSHOOT and they can make their money on those who failed. I just want CCNP so I can move on to CCIE R&S Written.
  • Options
    I totally know where you are coming from man! I'm going to do the same thing I believe. If they aren't released by the end of the day they aren't coming out. I know what Cisco is up to if that's the case. They won't release them until July 31, 2010 or August 1, 2010. That way only option is TSHOOT and they can make their money on those who failed. I just want CCNP so I can move on to CCIE R&S Written.

I hear that! What's you plan of attack for the written? I'm going to start picking up some of recommended readings for the CCIE. Although I was considering a detour for the CCIP since QOS, BGP, and MPLS are all on the exam blueprint for the lab.
    In Progress:
    CCIE Written
  • Options
    416_guy416_guy Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey guys where in Cisco's website do we check for the TSHOOT beta results?
  • Options
    4E65644E6564 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I called them this morning and they gave me a score. They couldn't tell me if it was a pass or fail though, as it still showed as Taken only.
  • Options
    kenny504kenny504 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 237 ■■□□□□□□□□
    4E6564 wrote: »
    I called them this morning and they gave me a score. They couldn't tell me if it was a pass or fail though, as it still showed as Taken only.

really? They actually gave you something?
    There is no better than adversity, every defeat, every loss, every heartbreak contains its seed. Its own lesson on how to improve on your performance the next time.
  • Options
    4E6564 wrote: »

If it's the same as live it's 790 to pass.
  • Options
    I seriously doubt it is the same as live, in effect I think it will be a good deal lower.

Due to:
    A) Questions that had problems
    B) Questions they won't be using for whatever reason (ambiguity etc)
    C) It was the beta, which I think they will take into account
  • Options
    My plan of attack is to get the reading materials and spend about six months preparing for the written exam. From there, start preparing for the lab. Cisco still doesn't show my results in the portal. They submitted a case to get them updated. So we will see how that goes. They are just trying to stretch this thing out until the expiration of ONT and ISCW.
  • Options
    I opened a case with Cisco this morning about this, they finally responded:

Thank you for your patience. Please be advised that due to technical difficulties, your beta result will be received by within the next few business days.
    If you have any further questions, or require additional assistance, please click the hyperlink above to update your case.
    Kind regards,
  • Options
    LMFAO! ROTF!!! icon_lol.gif. That is freaking halarous. I knew they were going to pull some freaking s like this. What a surprise and coincidence huh? We wait 30 days past due, now a few business days, then in a few business days, a few more business days, screw this crap, I'm just registering and moving on, I'm not waiting around anymore. Thank you icon_cheers.gif cisco for letting us all down once again!!!! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    So here is the verdict Cisco replied to me with:

Thank you for contacting Cisco Certification & Communities Online Support.

I am sorry for the delay of posting the BETA test results.Please kindly know that due to technical difficulties, you will receive their exam result by end of this business week.

Your patience is highly appreciated.

Does anyone see a coincidence here or is it just me? I'm going to register today I believe to do the TSHOOT again, that way I'm not rushed by the July 31 deadline. I'll never do another beta again.
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So here is the verdict Cisco replied to me with:

Thank you for contacting Cisco Certification & Communities Online Support.

I am sorry for the delay of posting the BETA test results.Please kindly know that due to technical difficulties, you will receive their exam result by end of this business week.

Your patience is highly appreciated.

Does anyone see a coincidence here or is it just me? I'm going to register today I believe to do the TSHOOT again, that way I'm not rushed by the July 31 deadline. I'll never do another beta again.

That sucks man!!! Hopefully they'll provide you all some type of voucher or something later on down the line since they are the ones at fault on this. Good luck!! icon_thumright.gif

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    I wouldn't hold my breathe on that one, but it sure would be nice if they did. I too am probably not taking another beta exam. I really feel like we were very misled on when we would receive our results.
  • Options
    I agree with everyone. I already suggested a free voucher as replacement to waiting so long, but they shot me down. Anyone that is waiting on TSHOOT beta results should suggest the same thing! Maybe we can get lucky and land a free exam out of complaining. LOL. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    They are just trying to stretch this thing out until the expiration of ONT and ISCW.

I know it's cynical of me, but I'm betting that's it. At least you know what to expect if you register for TSHOOT. I'm sure you could pass it with a week or so prep.
  • Options
    Well I guess I can't say I'm all that surprised icon_sad.gif
    In Progress:
    CCIE Written
  • Options
    What do you recommend for prep? I know the BSCI / BCMSN material. Nuul, I actually downloaded your .NET file for the TSHOOT topology as well, so I will be checking that out when I get home tonight. I'm going to register to take this thing, this Saturday I believe. I already have done it once, seen the topology, so I'm going to spend tonight, Thursday, and Friday labbing, and I believe take the exam again on Saturday. What would you recommend for the next three days? I've been going through show commands and things since yesterday.
  • Options
    What do you recommend for prep? I know the BSCI / BCMSN material. Nuul, I actually downloaded your .NET file for the TSHOOT topology as well, so I will be checking that out when I get home tonight. I'm going to register to take this thing, this Saturday I believe. I already have done it once, seen the topology, so I'm going to spend tonight, Thursday, and Friday labbing, and I believe take the exam again on Saturday. What would you recommend for the next three days? I've been going through show commands and things since yesterday.

You'll need to add to the .net if you're just using GNS3 since it doesn't have the switches in it. Honestly, I'd just start building out the topology. I made a ton of mistakes when I did it but that was good since it forced me to figure out what was wrong. When I sat the exam it felt like someone had gone in and broke my network, so it was pretty easy to figure out what they had done.

My troubleshooting goes something like this:
    1) Check the IP of the client. If that's good move on. If not find out why you don't have an address or an incorrect one.
    2) Ping the farthest IP from you (let's say 209.65.200.226) and work your way back until you get one that responds.
    3) On the one that responds, look at the config/sh X to see what they broke. It's probably on that router, but it could be on the router further upstream. For example R3 responds but R2 doesn't. It could be an issue with either one.
    4) There is no fourth step.
  • Options
    LMAO. I like step 4. That is the same troubleshooting steps that I actually used when taking the beta exam. I printed out the topology, so I am going to go through building it. I have GNS3 and the IOS's. I actually also have dynamips installed so I'm thinking about creating a map to my physical hardware and using some virtual routers as switches, by changing the configs to use switch port configuration. I did that for my BCMSN. So looks like I'm going to be hitting the lab pretty hard over the next few days. I'll register for this exam tonight when I get home. I contacted Pearson vue, if I cancel by Friday @ 7 PM CST, so 8 PM EST my time, I can get a full refund. That would be the backup plan "IF" Cisco would release the results by the end of the week like they claim. Which I highly doubt is going to happen. icon_rolleyes.gif I foresee there being some other excuse at the end of this week. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    People are reporting over at the cisco learning network that there beta results are appearing on pearson vue's site!
  • Options
    I just checked mine and don't see them.
  • Options
    Looks like you can get the results from Pearson vue, they have updated them. It appears I failed. So I'll be re-attempted this on Saturday.
  • Options
    Damn, failed too. I was pretty sure I had though
  • Options
    I had a feeling I did. But it's all good. I'll be in the test center this Saturday taking my next try at this thing. I know what I did wrong when I was taking the exam. This time around I'll do better! icon_thumright.gif So will you Ryan!!! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    I had a feeling I did. But it's all good. I'll be in the test center this Saturday taking my next try at this thing. I know what I did wrong when I was taking the exam. This time around I'll do better! icon_thumright.gif So will you Ryan!!! icon_thumright.gif

Good luck, you've been hitting the books hard the past 6 months or so, so you should be good to go.

Are you going to jump into the CCIE next?
  • Options
    zerglingszerglings Member Posts: 295 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Check Vue's site. Mine says "Pass". It used to be "Taken". Cisco Certification Tracking system isn't updated though.
    :study: Life+