Options

Passed 640-553 Today

logicmyfootlogicmyfoot Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

Just an FYI i passed 640-553 today aka CCNA : Security with 1 hour to spareicon_cheers.gif.I would thank the forum members here for clearing my doubts and helping me understand important concepts for ZBF , CBAC etc.Thank you guys once again.

Comments

• Options
    notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    Congratulations! Isn't it a relief? No more SDM!!!

How long did you study for? What are you planning next?
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the accomplishment!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    awesome job!
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    Congratulations! Isn't it a relief? No more SDM!!!

How long did you study for? What are you planning next?

Well it took me about 5 weeks. Not having physical equipment was and is a big disadvantage. Yeah good riddance SDM for nowicon_cheers.gif. [Im a CLI guy]. Well i want go into CCSP track but before that im gonna do CCNP. It just sounds right i don't know whyicon_confused.gif:
  • Options
    Thank you guys i hope i can contribute to help other icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    Well it took me about 5 weeks. Not having physical equipment was and is a big disadvantage. Yeah good riddance SDM for nowicon_cheers.gif. [Im a CLI guy]. Well i want go into CCSP track but before that im gonna do CCNP. It just sounds right i don't know whyicon_confused.gif:

I can vouch that going the NEW CCNP track is the best method. You will find that SWITCH is a breeze, although I haven't taken the exam yet, I expect to very soon....

Half the book is nothing new, the only new stuff are campus lans, QoS, VOIP and Wireless. QoS to me was/is the hardest out of the bunch.
  • Options
    yeah i now seriously need to get some gear for the labs. any recommendations??
  • Options
    *BB**BB* Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Procrastinator extraordinaire
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. I am almost ready for the exam myself. Plan to take it by the end of July. This is really boring if you ask me.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    thenjduke wrote: »
    Congrats. I am almost ready for the exam myself. Plan to take it by the end of July. This is really boring if you ask me.

I'm right there with you looking to take the exam in the next few weeks.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    yeah i now seriously need to get some gear for the labs. any recommendations??

Have you used Dynamips/Dynagen yet? That'd probably be the best thing and then get some switches. Cheapest route unless you like blinky things. :p

Let me know if you have questions on the Dynamips/Dynagen route and I'll show you what I planned on doing. I'm finishing up CCNA Security now, moving to CCNP and then back to CCSP. Gonna try and do it all with Dynamips and the other pieces that can't be emulated.

oh and gratz on the pass
  • Options
    man had it not been for GNS3, i wouldn't be a CCNA:S todayicon_razz.gif

but for CCNP i have gathered the balls to buy equipment , in my country cisco gear costs a fortune. eg eBay India: Cisco 3524 PoE Switch WS-C3524-PWR-XL-EN CCVP CCNP CCIE (item 260593278073 end time 26-Jun-2010 23:22:06 IST) this switch is like 60% of my monthly salary icon_razz.gif

I need some good recommendation which i can use for CCNP track??
  • Options
    johnwest43johnwest43 Member Posts: 294
    Congrats on the pass!!
    CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014
  • Options
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!