Options

possible to transfer MCP certifications to a different windows live ID?

Mister FishMister Fish Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I recently passed 70-680, and I have 2 windows live IDs, im not sure which should I register it to.
is it possible to transfer that certification in the future to the other ID?
and if so, what is the procedure?

thanks in advance icon_cool.gif

edit:
what is the security on the info of my certifications? will other people on my hotmail/msn networks be able to see my certifications?

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think you can move them but you need to contact the help email address on the mcp site.

Other people can see your transcript only if they know your MCP ID (I think)
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    just your windows live ID is all that is needed but your live ID is an email address and password so unless someone has both then it is no problem. Now if you are doing something like letting your brother-in-law use it well then you need to study security+ or similar some more quickly. Your transcript is tied to your MCP ID so it should show up the same on both Live-ID's I see the same transcript on the MCP site and the MOS site but the passwords are different.

Now that wallet cards are coming back soon if you have a strange brother-in-law, you will have to watch him more.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    Mister FishMister Fish Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    TheShadow wrote: »
    just your windows live ID is all that is needed but your live ID is an email address and password so unless someone has both then it is no problem.

I didnt mean the security of the website, I meant I didnt want anybody of my contact list / windows live network to see my microsoft certifications. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    originally posted byTheShadow
    "Now that wallet cards are coming back soon "

Wallet cards coming back? When is this going to happen?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    gatewaygateway Member Posts: 232
    TheShadow wrote: »
    Now that wallet cards are coming back soon

I was wondering that tooicon_confused.gif:
    Blogging my AWS studies here! http://www.itstudynotes.uk/aws-csa
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    originally posted byTheShadow
    "Now that wallet cards are coming back soon "

Wallet cards coming back? When is this going to happen?

Sorry guys I missed the reply. Here you go
    Microsoft Certification Program Update
    Published Date: 05/20/2010
    Expiration Date: 06/30/2010
    Geography: Worldwide
    You spoke, we listened: over the next few months we’ll introduce enhancements to the Microsoft Certification
    Program—all based on your feedback. Many of you have shared your opinions through our MCP satisfaction surveys.
    We’ve analyzed the data, read your comments, and prioritized several focus areas:
    Career Development
    The number one reason (according to our annual survey) why MCPs get certified: to advance their career. Whether
    you want to start a new career, advance your current one, or stay relevant for a future move, we want to help. We’ve
    already launched a new portal for IT managers with information and insights on the value of MCPs and tools to help
    find them. Coming soon, look for opportunities to network with employers, along with tools and resources to help you

MCP Pride
    We know you’re proud of your accomplishments—we are too, and we’re committed to making it easier for you to
    show off you certifications. We started by making it easier to order paper certificates: you can now use PayPal to pay
    for shipping and handling charges. Next up: You told us you miss your MCP wallet cards, so we’re bringing them
    back—details to come in a future MCP Flash. You also asked for a better selection of items in the MCP e-store, along
    with better shipping rates outside the U.S.— we’re working on that, too.
  • Options
    here is the rest of the flash
    Member Site
    Many of your comments focused on the look, features and content of our MCP Member site, and we’re already at
    work on making improvements. Over the next few months, look for new sections for career resources, event
    invitations, our survey results, and more.
    This isn’t the full list of what we’re working on, but it’s a start—please keep your suggestions coming by sharing
    them in our MCP Discussion Forum.
    We’re getting ready to send invitations for our next MCP satisfaction survey to a randomly selected group of MCPs.
    If you receive an invitation, please share your opinions. Your feedback—whether in surveys, blogs, forums, or
    events-- helps us shape the future of the MCP program, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!