Options

Looking for a good ICND2 book!

locust76locust76 Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone,

Anyone know of any good ICND2 books? I had the ICND1 book by Wendell Odom, but his ICDN2 book has gotten, shall we say, less than stellar reviews on Amazon, with mention of actual difficulty in comprehending what he's trying to write (could be a paper-to-memory interface error there, though) to actual errors in the book (factual and otherwise). Is this true?

Can anyone else recommend a good ICND2 book?

Comments

• Options
    stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    locust76 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Anyone know of any good ICND2 books? I had the ICND1 book by Wendell Odom, but his ICDN2 book has gotten, shall we say, less than stellar reviews on Amazon, with mention of actual difficulty in comprehending what he's trying to write (could be a paper-to-memory interface error there, though) to actual errors in the book (factual and otherwise). Is this true?

Ignore the reviews, the ICND2 book by Odom is absolutely perfect to pass the exam with. Put it this way, both books teach you the right material, in the right way, to pass the exams and learn along the way. The moment I moved on to the CCNP material, I was in shock at how much lower in quality the books were compared to Odoms material.

As far as I'm concerned, Odom is the best Cisco author out there.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    stuh84 wrote: »
    Ignore the reviews, the ICND2 book by Odom is absolutely perfect to pass the exam with. Put it this way, both books teach you the right material, in the right way, to pass the exams and learn along the way. The moment I moved on to the CCNP material, I was in shock at how much lower in quality the books were compared to Odoms material.

As far as I'm concerned, Odom is the best Cisco author out there.

+1 for Odom's book. Those reviews are idiots if they think that Odom's book isn't the best! Honestly, I loved the way Odom did his teaching in his books and explaining things. All BSCI and BCMSN material wasn't written by him, actually I didn't see any of my CCNP material that is, and I wish it was because he is the best one I've read from so far!
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    locust76 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

If that's the case, then I'm just going to ignore the Amazon reviews from now on. If you can't understand Wendell Odom then you're probably just not cut out for this.

And now that I think about it, I believe "Network Warrior" got quite a few harsh reviews on Amazon as well.
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    alan2308 wrote: »
    I believe "Network Warrior" got quite a few harsh reviews on Amazon as well.

i definitely remember seeing some bad reviews for this book :)
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□

And that should tell you everything you need to know about Amazon's reviews. That book has the potential to change your life. :D
  • Options
    thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    I bought that book, but I haven't read it yet.
    I bought it because one of the guys here, recommended it.
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • Options
    johnwest43johnwest43 Member Posts: 294
    I used Wendell Odom's books to study for ICND 1 and 2. I highly recommend them to anyone who is studying for the CCNA.
    CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014