Options

CCIE R&S study group forming

13»

Comments

• Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    qplayed wrote: »
    Sorry? maybe I read teh post wrong. It seemed as if it was a timeline for the group. If taht is not the case then I am for it. I can also donate rack time and a server if needed ;) I'm still in the process of upgrading my gear but it should do for now.

That's not how I've interpreted any of this. And, I doubt anyone is going to try to meet some timeline they're not ready for simply because they joined a group.

This is an opportunity to get some good minds together and work on attaining the CCIE. That's how I view it. It's not some pact where we all promise to take the lab at the same time (I hope, lol).
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Turgon wrote: »
    Now all of that happens when you realise that the CCIE journey is a very personal thing. Work out what journey will *actually* work best for you and do that because the road to hell is paved with good intentions and there are garages all over the planet loaded with cisco gear and self study workbooks gathering dust until the burned out candidate finds a buyer! On study groups, they are helpful but generally they fizzle out ;)
    Good post and GREAT finish!! icon_thumright.gif

CCIE Study isn't the most exciting of spectator sports -- and the CCIE Lab Exam itself is not a Team Sport.

But there is room in between for people to work together to achieve some of their study goals.

Some lucky groups may gel and do most of their journey together -- including road trips to the Lab and Celebrations drunken_smilie.gif and commiserations. icon_cry.gif

Other groups just get together to "share" study material and "split costs" and "share information" about their lab attempts.

Some of the vendors out there have their "Executive Programs" (usually around 16 weeks) where they toss in training and mentoring -- in addition to providing the structure and goals. And they may even toss in the required home work assignments to force you to stay on track with your studies. A directed (paid) study group like this at least has the advantage that the group doesn't slow down to the level of the slowest person. But if you're not the fastest and most prepared person in the group then you're probably not going to achieve the most benefit.

Everyone doesn't have to join the same group. A group planning to meet their Lab Destiny in 6 months should have different objectives, goals, plans -- and members -- than a group of CCNPs that are still intimidated by the Written Exam Blueprint.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Everyone doesn't have to join the same group. A group planning to meet their Lab Destiny in 6 months should have different objectives, goals, plans -- and members -- than a group of CCNPs that are still intimidated by the Written Exam Blueprint.

Or a group of NAs working towards CCXP. This is what I was thinking...
  • Options
    mathelizemathelize Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm interested as well but I'm not yet a CCNP and I won't be by 31 July. I'm hoping to nail BSCI before July 31st. I'm labbing seriously now. Hopefully, I'll be a CCNP before the end of 2011, then I can focus on CCIE. So, I'd like to join.
    In my Lab
    I have access to any cisco equipment I need
  • Options
    josunin75josunin75 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would like to join as well.
    I'd finished my NP on February.
    PM me
    thanks~
    =============================
    on to BCMSN ^=============^

<Lab>
    2 x 3550 EMI
    2 x 2950
    2 x 3640
    1 x 2621
    =============================
  • Options
    NuulNuul Member Posts: 158
    josunin75 wrote: »
    I would like to join as well.
    I'd finished my NP on February.
    PM me
    thanks~

* Group home page: http://groups.google.com/group/packet-ninjas
  • Options
    rizwanqrizwanq Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,
    So far I finished CCNA, CCNP and CCIP, I am planning to start journy towards CCIE.

Thanks,

Indianapolis, IN