Options

failed ccent 791

ToddBToddB Member Posts: 149
It through me for a loop, I keep saying that wasn't in book. I guess I overlooked. In security I recieved a 0% and small network was 100%. I need to focus before taking it again because ilot of the time I was saying what are they talking about.
:thumbup:

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."

Comments

• Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    now you know your weaknesses. study up on those areas and you'll nail it next time.

out of curiosity what book(s) are you using?
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    jrmeulemansjrmeulemans Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Todd, I took the exam on memorial day and received the exact same score:

describe the operation of data netowrks - 85%
    implement small switched network - 75%
    implement IP address scheme and IP services - 89%
    implement a small routed network - 56%
    explain and select admin tasks for WLAN - 67%
    identify security threats - 25% (lol?)
    implement and verify wan links - 75%

I also scored terrible on the security and i have no idea why. I could think of two questions (1 sim, 1 scenario) where i may have missed security....I think i might get Chris Bryant's $67 package and grill myself for a few weeks to get over the *hump* that mikej talks about
  • Options
    JSKJSK Member Posts: 166
    I failed the ICND1 exam today also. I know we're not supposed to talk about scores. But I think I am allowed to say that I was literally as close as I could possibly get w/out actually passing. lol

For me, my major mistake was time management. I failed to complete 2 or 3 questions. I also got quized on some things that I clearly had not studied enough. Spent too much time on those.

At least I'm better prepared for the retake. Will take a week to study some more and then prepare to take the exam again.
  • Options
    now you know your weaknesses. study up on those areas and you'll nail it next time.

out of curiosity what book(s) are you using?

Books ciscopress icnd1 and ciscopress ccent quick reference sheets. If I wasn't allowed to tell my score sorry.

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."
  • Options
    since I missed by 13, I was woundering how many question missed.

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I think the security is the crazy part on the exam, I got 50% on it. Both times I took the test. The questions aren't all weight the same so it would be difficult to say how much each question is. Also cisco can change the scoring of the test anytime they want. I suggest to spend a month and study the material that you did poorly in. Just don't forget to review the material you know. It's possible to retake the test and score lower in one section that you had a high score in. It happened to me the second time I took the test.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't worry about failing icnd1 or 2 for that matter, just like many I failed both of them the first time. I used Todd Lammle's CCENT book and security was one of the best laid out chapters for me to understand.

Port security concepts and commands are a must, and so are all the basic ways to secure a device like ssh vs telnet, service password encryption, ect.

What I did when I failed is write down areas that I knew I did poor as soon as I got home. Your numbers reflect that anyway but writing it down gave me some study direction.

A little study / lab time and you'll bust it next time.

Hope this helps good luck on your studies.
  • Options
    SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    ToddB wrote: »
    since I missed by 13, I was woundering how many question missed.

the difference was probably one question

you just need to brush up on security

know everything about how port security works, ssh, securing telnet ports, and threats to network security, know the different types of security attacks possible on a network.

it's not really difficult, I will PM you shortly.
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.