Options

Second time's a charm: killed the beast

willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
I passed the beast today with a 807. I took it last month and failed with a 592. I broke down and got the CBT Nuggets then spent more time on practice tests with Transcender, ProProfs, and here. For my primary studying, I used the Microsoft Guide and the Examcram. Next up for me is the 70-290. I wanted to take the 70-291 while the second shot was still around so I did it first.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    willhi1979 wrote: »
    I passed the beast today with a 807. I took it last month and failed with a 592. I broke down and got the CBT Nuggets then spent more time on practice tests with Transcender, ProProfs, and here. For my primary studying, I used the Microsoft Guide and the Examcram. Next up for me is the 70-290. I wanted to take the 70-291 while the second shot was still around so I did it first.

Congrats! That's what I should have done but I was too intimidated by everyone here saying it was a tough test. Hopefully, there will be a date available on or before the 30th if I fail the first time on the 21st. Smart thinking on your part. You also got the hard one out of the way.. the 290 should be smooth sailing.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well done! I pronounce you M$ $layer icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    gatewaygateway Member Posts: 232
    Congrats on the pass! icon_cheers.gif
    Blogging my AWS studies here! http://www.itstudynotes.uk/aws-csa
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Goliath1980Goliath1980 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats as well!
  • Options
    ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratz!! :)
    Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    willhi1979 wrote: »
    I passed the beast today with a 807. I took it last month and failed with a 592. I broke down and got the CBT Nuggets then spent more time on practice tests with Transcender

How are the CBT Nuggets and the Transcender questions for this test? I have them both already but I'm just starting to study for this test.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    How are the CBT Nuggets and the Transcender questions for this test? I have them both already but I'm just starting to study for this test.

Thanks for the congrats all. The CBT Nuggets were pretty good, it was a good refresher after reading the books and got it in a different way. The Transcender questions are pretty good and give you an idea of what the exam looks like. This one is very case study based and they expect you to apply what you learned to a specific scenario.