dorawedorawe Member Posts: 106
Date of Exam: May 15, 2010
Place of Exam: Norfolk, VA
Results Received: June 6, 2010
Results of Exam: Passed

Summary:
Study Materials:
Shon Harris All In One 4th Edition
Official CBK 2nd Edition (most valuable resource)
Exam Cram 2nd Edition
NIST docs
CCCURE.ORG
and last but not least, the forum here at techexams.net

This is great, I was a first-time test taker, and have been shaking in my boots for the past 3 weeks.......I started in the second week of December 09, with the AIOv4, used the Exam Cram book on the countless flights (since it was lighter!) I was on in January through the beginning of March. I picked up the OIGv2 at the end of April, and used for the areas that I needed help with. I spent more time on the CCCURE site during the week before the test, taking at least 7-250 question tests, averaging 88-92% each time. The night before the test, I locked myself in the hotel room with beer, pizza, and Comedy Central.
Wow, that stress in my neck and shoulders has finally relaxed.........:D

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif

Did you find that the NIST docs were a big help in understanding the exam concepts?
  • Options
    The exam concepts, yes. To be honest, and I know you're not asking me this, but I can't remember a single specific question that was on the test, but I do know that reading through those NIST docs helped by putting some of the concepts in context. My security experience is a bit narrow, when compared to the information covered by the CISSP exam, so absorbing information from as many areas really helped to drive it home.
  • Options
    cabrillo24cabrillo24 Member Posts: 137
    dorawe wrote: »
    The exam concepts, yes. To be honest, and I know you're not asking me this, but I can't remember a single specific question that was on the test, but I do know that reading through those NIST docs helped by putting some of the concepts in context. My security experience is a bit narrow, when compared to the information covered by the CISSP exam, so absorbing information from as many areas really helped to drive it home.
    I can only remember 1 question for the exam, and hadn't I watched the Shon Harris CISSP Mentor video the day before, it would have been over my head. What are you looking to next? I'm thinking CISA.
    Next Up...
    CCNA: Security (210-260)
    Date: TBD
  • Options
    My current position will be eliminated at the end of the month, so finding employment is #1 on my list, then we'll see what direction I should go. If you know of any needs, send me a msg, I'd really appreciate it.
  • Options
    uajesusfreak99uajesusfreak99 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My current position will be eliminated at the end of the month, so finding employment is #1 on my list, then we'll see what direction I should go. If you know of any needs, send me a msg, I'd really appreciate it.
    Good luck! Have you checked out the Career Tools on the ISC2 website yet? You can search positions posted there by CISSP Preferred/Required, along with keywords and geographical information. I found a great position just today (posted on 6/3) for a Security Engineer at IntelliDyne in Falls Church, VA.
  • Options
    dcwalkdcwalk Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow congrats for sure. That is something... been studying for it now and my instructor said that he saw a woman leave after 3hrs as a no go. Hey checkout the VA 2200 Infosec track for a job. Go for the gs11/12.
  • Options
    Thanks, I think I've applied for all of the 2200 jobs EXCEPT for the VA ones. I'll get that done too.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats!

Glad to see you achieved your goals! Woohoo!icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    Thanks guys, and thank you for all of the help with questions that I've posted here. Hopefully I will be able to assist others as much as you have helped me.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks guys, and thank you for all of the help with questions that I've posted here. Hopefully I will be able to assist others as much as you have helped me.

Heck you helped me get on track with the SAP SCM certification. Thanks for all the help!

I purchased my first book from Amazon going over MM. It seems to a legit read.

I figured what the hay, I work in a SAP shop supporting several modules in SAP including MM.
  • Options
    hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    Did you sit in on a boot camp before the exam? If so, which company provided the training?
  • Options
    lacto17lacto17 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats...

Regards
    Karthik.
    Thanks & Regards
    Karthik.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nice Nice. Well done! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    Did you sit in on a boot camp before the exam? If so, which company provided the training?

Nope, I just used the books at the top this post. In hindsight, I think it would have probably made me a little more at ease when taking the exam, IF I had gone to a boot camp, but I was doing this 'on the cheap' as it was coming out of my own pocket. I would strongly suggest taking a boot camp class if you are struggling with grasping the CBK. I was hitting the 88-92% on all of my 250 question sample tests from cccure.org, the week before the exam, so I felt I had to sit for it.