Passed CISSP - May 8th 2010 Houston

FattyAcidFattyAcid Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
Took the CISSP in Houston on May 8th. Just got the email that I passed.

I'm kind of shocked actually given how little studying I did. 3 days I think? Cracked open the Shon Harris v5 book for the first time on May 3rd. Read the chapters on InfoSec and Risk Management, Access Control, Security Architectures, and BCP/DRP once. Skimmed the other chapters.

I was convinced that I failed--I even bought the Official Study Guide cause I was pretty sure I was going to be taking it again--and I found the Shon Harris book awful at times.

I guess this means real-world experience goes a long way.

Comments

• dorawedorawe Member Posts: 106
    Wow, I would guess that you must have had someone else pay for your test......I did it out of my own pocket and got the passed email today as well.....and you're right, experience does go along ways, congrats.
  • FattyAcidFattyAcid Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dorawe wrote: »
    Wow, I would guess that you must have had someone else pay for your test......I did it out of my own pocket and got the passed email today as well.....and you're right, experience does go along ways, congrats.

No I paid for it out of pocket.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    Good just passing a very difficult test based on your real-world experience! icon_thumright.gif
  • cabrillo24cabrillo24 Member Posts: 137
    Well he did read the 5 "top" domains and combined with his experience, and some educated guessing pulled it off. Congrats!
    Next Up...
    CCNA: Security (210-260)
    Date: TBD
  • botbillbotbill Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrat !!! cool to know. you have it you always have it i guess. are u working for somekind of auditing company or SAS? if you would not mind i asked. I have a friend who is working as an auditor and he is just like you. passed first time with AIO book.
    working on cissp, ceh and pmp
  • FattyAcidFattyAcid Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    botbill wrote: »
    congrat !!! cool to know. you have it you always have it i guess. are u working for somekind of auditing company or SAS? if you would not mind i asked. I have a friend who is working as an auditor and he is just like you. passed first time with AIO book.

Nope, I do network infrastructure and enterprise security for a variety of companies.
  • hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    Did you sit in on a boot camp before the exam? If so, which company provided the training?