Options

trouble using boson exam(w/ ciscopress)

ToddBToddB Member Posts: 149
After I failed the ccent I tried to load my disk on boson which came with my book. loaded fine, but questions say open simulator and when I try to open I recieve a error which says file missing. Other times it say's in the figure but I don't see anything. Do need to buy anything else or should it be included. Is there anything like boson but cheaper as a test simulator (don't want one of those **** sites)
:thumbup:

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."

Comments

• Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    it should all be included there on the disk with nothing else to buy.

all of the test sites are priced *about* the same (the cost can very $10 or 20). i know some of them have 30 day online access for a cheaper rate so maybe look into that. if you have access to real router/switches and/or gns3 i would suggest just try to get the best deal you can from a reputable practice test provider. the only benefit to going with boson is if you don't have access to equipment to practice on since boson does have the simulation part of their tests (not sure if any of the other testing companies have command line simulation, maybe someone else can fill in the gaps).
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    it should all be included there on the disk with nothing else to buy.

all of the test sites are priced *about* the same (the cost can very $10 or 20). i know some of them have 30 day online access for a cheaper rate so maybe look into that. if you have access to real router/switches and/or gns3 i would suggest just try to get the best deal you can from a reputable practice test provider. the only benefit to going with boson is if you don't have access to equipment to practice on since boson does have the simulation part of their tests (not sure if any of the other testing companies have command line simulation, maybe someone else can fill in the gaps).

I had a similar problem with the Boson exam. Once you install it and activate it using the number provided with the disk, you shoud be able to update both the exams and the actual application. This is what I did and it fixed the problem. :D
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    wbosher wrote: »
    I had a similar problem with the Boson exam. Once you install it and activate it using the number provided with the disk, you shoud be able to update both the exams and the actual application. This is what I did and it fixed the problem. :D

I had the same experience here; once you've 'registered' it, it should download the current copy of the appropriate exam. The file not found error might mean it hadn't done so.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno