Options

Starting my new job tomorrow!

NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
Thanks to some awesome recruiters at Technisource I landed two back to back interviews on Friday, both of which wanted to hire me. After a lot of consideration I finally decided between the two and I start my first IT job tomorrow doing developer end Software QA. It is great to finally have my foot in the door.

I was very hesitant about going through a recruiter but I am glad I did. I would recommend them to anyone!
WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
Start Date: December 2013

Comments

• Options
    HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    Nobylspoon wrote: »
    Thanks to some awesome recruiters at Technisource I landed two back to back interviews on Friday, both of which wanted to hire me. After a lot of consideration I finally decided between the two and I start my first IT job tomorrow doing developer end Software QA. It is great to finally have my foot in the door.

I was very hesitant about going through a recruiter but I am glad I did. I would recommend them to anyone!
    you would recommend the recruiter you went through to anyone. Not all recruiters are so great though.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats, good to hear you had a good experience with a recruiter. Recruiters kind of get a bad rap since the few bad ones out there spoil it for the rest.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Yeah, that is why I wasn't too sure about going through one but I came by their office and met the whole staff and they worked with me on tweaking my resume and kept great communication with me during the hunting process. Also, before the interview their branch manager talked me through what to expect during the interview and prepared me for a lot of the questions that might be asked.

I tried going through a different recruiting firm a while back and it just ended up being a waste of my time so I can understand why there is a lot of negative outlook towards it.
    WGU PROGRESS

• Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Is Technisource in NY?

I am willing to give them a try because I am sick of getting no callbacks
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nobylspoon wrote: »

Congrats! :)
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options

The start day actually got pushed back today. I had to wait for my equipment and laptops to arrive and be configured but things are all setup for me now and I am off to work. This week off has been the longest break from work in about 3 years, lol.
    WGU PROGRESS