Options

Am i eligible for CISSP ?

linux2000inlinux2000in Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
HiGurus

Finally I made up mind to study and appear for cissp exam. I have question icon_confused.gif

I have 10 years of experience in (100% *NIX and Solaris) System Admin and networking areas, during all those years, my profile never has officially title of Security engg or security admin.

But as part of System/Network Admin in Internet Service Proivder, i was doing all pentest, Nmapm, nessus, Snort, managing firewall (IDS/IPS) and security auditing and their log management ,Design scalable & security infrasture for clients.

(LPIC1, LPIC2, CEH, CCNA, NCLA, Security+ certified)

My question, I am eligible for Cissp exams? Or my 10 years of experience is not considered in this?

How does ISC2 evaluate my experience ?

Senior members, require your guidance. Should I eligible for Cissp cert or cissp associates

thanks in Adv.

linux2000in

Comments

• Options
    cabrillo24cabrillo24 Member Posts: 137
    Your Security+ will wave 12 months of experience. You need to accumulate 5 years of experience in at least 2 domains. Telecommunications and network security appear to be covered, as well as IT governance/risk management. I would say you're eligible.
    Next Up...
    CCNA: Security (210-260)
    Date: TBD
  • Options
    linux2000inlinux2000in Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cabrillo24

thanks for your input. My question is , do i need to write my experience on company's letter head and submit to ISC2 to validate my experience. ?
    or they will use my resume to validate my experience ??

Can you tell me in detail how they are validate my experience ?

linux2000in
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    cabrillo24 wrote: »
    Your Security+ will wave 12 months of experience. You need to accumulate 5 years of experience in at least 2 domains. Telecommunications and network security appear to be covered, as well as IT governance/risk management. I would say you're eligible.

Is the 12 months exp waive the same when applying the Security+ to the SSCP?
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    Is the 12 months exp waive the same when applying the Security+ to the SSCP?
    Yes, you can use the same cert for both. However, there is such a long listing of acceptable certs, and a 4-year degree counts too, that most candidates have multiple ways to waive one year of experience.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Yes, you can use the same cert for both. However, there is such a long listing of acceptable certs, and a 4-year degree counts too, that most candidates have multiple ways to waive one year of experience.

Cool. Thanks for the heads-up :)
  • Options
    cabrillo24cabrillo24 Member Posts: 137
    cabrillo24

thanks for your input. My question is , do i need to write my experience on company's letter head and submit to ISC2 to validate my experience. ?
    or they will use my resume to validate my experience ??

Can you tell me in detail how they are validate my experience ?

linux2000in
    Well on the endorsement form you list how long you were with a particular company and what roles you filled within the company. You are not required to submit proof of your employment with the company or experiences with them (such as a company letter) but is strongly recommended.
    Next Up...
    CCNA: Security (210-260)
    Date: TBD