Options

decided to take the exam a week early....

nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
glad i did, PASS!

this exam was nothing like my ccna. very straight forward, no trick questions. used the cisco press books, sybex book, and cbts for this one. having just taken the security+ this exam felt like a step down as far as the level of depth and difficulty but maybe the fact a lot of the material was a repeat really helped me feel confident this go around. looking towards either sscp or ccda next. but for now its time to celebrate!
WIP: IPS exam

Comments

• Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nice nice! congrats!
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    congratulations Nicklaus!

Have a cold one to celebrate your victory.
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
  • Options
    notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    Congrats!!! I always say this when people pass CCNA:S..

"thank god no more SDM!!!"
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

You still get to Celebrate drunken_smilie.gif the easy ones icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Awesome congrats! however i dont seem to understand your comparison of security+ ? CCNA Security you have a lot of configuration and troubleshooting of security. Security + is just theory based and wording lol CCNA Security you actually have to lab things here. icon_rolleyes.gif Anyways good news you passed! i want to sit this in december after my CCDP.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    thanks for the kind words everyone!

i know its been said before but they really need crisp clear large pictures of the sdm interface for the test questions. you definitely need a magnifying glass to read some of them.

chrisone wrote: »
    i dont seem to understand your comparison of security+ ?
    because this exam is really heavy on the sdm (which in my opinion once you spend a little time in there its very easy to figure out and does all the config work for you) the theory at least from my experience is what they focused on. which makes sense to really drive in the concepts and theory now and then move on to the real config work with the professional level.

anyways, amen to this below. what a mess of software.
    "thank god no more SDM!!!"
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

You still get to Celebrate drunken_smilie.gif the easy ones icon_lol.gif

and celebrate i did.
  • Options
    logicmyfootlogicmyfoot Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    glad i did, PASS!

this exam was nothing like my ccna. very straight forward, no trick questions. used the cisco press books, sybex book, and cbts for this one. having just taken the security+ this exam felt like a step down as far as the level of depth and difficulty but maybe the fact a lot of the material was a repeat really helped me feel confident this go around. looking towards either sscp or ccda next. but for now its time to celebrate!

Congrats dude!!icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    thanks for the kind words everyone!

i know its been said before but they really need crisp clear large pictures of the sdm interface for the test questions. you definitely need a magnifying glass to read some of them.

Unacceptable isn't it? There is nothing hard whatsever to provide clear crisp images. What they use are very poor compression images. It's just absolutely mind boggling no one thought of making the images clear....

I'd like to really get to know the people behind these cert exams...
  • Options
    Unacceptable isn't it? There is nothing hard whatsever to provide clear crisp images. What they use are very poor compression images. It's just absolutely mind boggling no one thought of making the images clear....

I'd like to really get to know the people behind these cert exams...

i mean i read people's complaints so i expected it but it's definitely a little mind boggling (and worse than i expected) when you actually see them.
  • Options
    logicmyfootlogicmyfoot Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you know i had the same issue with the images...absolutely crappy moreover when go for the exam after an full night shift at office. It makes you so damn pissed off