Options

24 hours and counting

bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
OK, I'm officially nervous as 11AM on Thursday passes, since my ICND1 exam is scheduled for 11AM on Friday.

I think I'm ready; I scored 870 on my practice-run boson exam a couple weeks ago, and 840 on the one I took yesterday. I haven't had much of a chance to hit the books the last week or so due to being busy elsewhere but I'm trying to do a quick review yesterday/today by skimming through Odom's book. Of course you never really know if you were ready or not until you get the actual exam results back are ya?
Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno

Comments

• Options
    outrunredoutrunred Banned Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck....

just keep in mind, it's just an exam....what's the worse that can happen.

Hope you don't get a proctor like mine, whilst she had nice boobs, she kept wandering over and looking over my shoulder....very hard to commit to an answer when that's happening.
  • Options
    burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    You got this. Remember Cisco likes to get tricky with their wording, so always double check your answers.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This is not like CompTIA exams. You cannot go back to previous questions. Make sure the answer you submit is your final answer. When you get those "OMG" questions, just breathe, re-analyze, and press on; time management is key! Now bring home the steak! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    Meditate today for 15 minutes, to clear your mind and find your inner peace. Go to a room, make it purely dark in there, and close your eyes. Clear your mind, and then visualize the scene of you passing your exam, don't even think for a moment about being nervous during this time.

After the 15 minutes of meditation, go do something you really enjoy, don't study at all or cram all night or anything like that, at the most, only go over your notes, or do ONE practice exam, and then go get a good night's sleep. But most importantly, eat a good meal, do something you ENJOY, and take your mind off the exam.

Tommorrow wake up, eat a proper breakfast, or if it's in the afternoon, a proper lunch, and go take your exam.

I'm confident you will pass, but the first step is having faith in yourself and your abilities.
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
  • Options
    The funny thing is, I'm more nervous about the trip THERE and whatever 'setup' there is than about the exam itself (not that I'm not a little worried about the exam!). Usually once I'm actually in whatever situation I'm nervous about (like the clock starts), all my worries melt away and I can focus, it's just the jitters of getting TO that point.

Can anyone who's taken it recently let me know what all I need to take? Whether physical (like the 2 forms of ID I already know of), or informational (like remembering my cisco user/pass, or my CCSO ID, etc)? I called the testing center and he said I don't need anything but ID which ... seems a bit weird. Perhaps the rest is so obvious he didn't think it worth mentioning, but I'd rather be safe than sorry, considering how many different user/pass combos I have to various sites.

• Options
    outrunredoutrunred Banned Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi.

I took it just yesterday

You shoudln't need anything other than 2 forms of ID. 1 must have your photo on and both must be signed.

so I took my passport and driving licence as both had signature and photos
  • Options
    I use my drivers license and a credit card.
  • Options
    914 / 804. Awesome.

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Good job!!
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    Nice score! What's next?
  • Options
    Will start on ICND2 of course! After that I'm not sure. I guess it depends on what job I can find (if any) and what looks like it'd be most helpful.

• Options
    fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    congrats ;)
    CCNP :study:
  • Options
    bermovick wrote: »
    914 / 804. Awesome.

awesome

now I want to know, what did you do the day before the exam?
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
  • Options
    Nothing much study-wise. I skimmed through about 1/2 of Odom's book, seeing if anything jumped out that I needed to review more, but nothing really did. I considered taking a boson practice exam to be in the 'test' mind-frame, but I didn't; mostly because I'd taken one on Wednesday and would likely have recognized questions & answers based on that.

• Options
    I'm proud of you man, you stomped the exam

it's good that you didn't try to cram or anything or do any of that other silly stuff people do, like cram all night and not get any sleep then show up blearly eyed!
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well played! Congrats on the new cert :)