Options

asa version 8.3.1

Young GrasshopperYoung Grasshopper Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
has anyone used this version for the ASA? i noticed most of the natting commands have changed. example:

DC-LA(config)# nat (inside) 0 access-list nonatvpn
ERROR: This syntax of nat command has been deprecated.
Please refer to "help nat" command for more details.
DC-LA(config)# nat (inside) 1 10.1.100.0 255.255.255.0
ERROR: This syntax of nat command has been deprecated.
Please refer to "help nat" command for more details.

does anyone know the new commands for the ones above? i tried using the 'help nat' but couldn't figure it out.

Comments

• Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    and you wonder why ASDM exists. They change the damn code every other update.

small question, is this version available on the 5505s?
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    chrisone wrote: »
    and you wonder why ASDM exists. They change the damn code every other update.

small question, is this version available on the 5505s?

Not sure off the top of my head but it requires a buttload of memory to run it.
  • Options
    brocbroc Member Posts: 167
    shednik wrote: »
    Not sure off the top of my head but it requires a buttload of memory to run it.

It does work on the 5505 and that's the only model who doesn't need a RAM upgrade to run it.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”
  • Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    broc wrote: »
    It does work on the 5505 and that's the only model who doesn't need a RAM upgrade to run it.

That depends on what license you have: Release Notes for the Cisco ASA 5500 Series, 8.3(x) [Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances] - Cisco Systems

Luckily ASAs use standard memory, so upgrading a lab router is cheap.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    kalebksp wrote: »
    Luckily ASAs use standard memory, so upgrading a lab router is cheap.
    You need 2.5V DDR400/PC3200 unbuffered non-ECC CL3 DIMMs that ideally should be low profile. Whilst you've got it open, you might as well replace the internal CF card.
  • Options
    johnwest43johnwest43 Member Posts: 294
    if you buy a 5505 that was made after march it has the necessary ram already installed (512mb). the cd that comes with the asa contains the 8.3 code. The asa itself has 7.x installed.
    CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014
  • Options
    flipmadflipmad Member Posts: 184
    Funny,

i have a thread regarding my 5510 that I am having NAT issues with the 831 code