Tshoot round 3

billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
Hey guys,

Just wanted to keep you posted, I go tomorrow morning @ 9:00 AM to take the TSHOOT exam. I'll post the updated status here after wards. I can't wait for tomorrow morning to get here!

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    Good luck. It's the last step.
  • notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    Holy Moly!!! I can't beleive it....number 3 has come!!!

Good luck of course!!!
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Its time to become CCNP! icon_cheers.gif
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Its time to become CCNP! icon_cheers.gif

I totally 100% agree with you lol. I'm definitely going to be paying attention to fine details this time, no rushing, I finished last time with 45 minutes left. So I know if I need to I can spend more time. Hopefully tomorrow is a day of celebration icon_thumright.gif
    I totally 100% agree with you lol. I'm definitely going to be paying attention to fine details this time, no rushing, I finished last time with 45 minutes left. So I know if I need to I can spend more time. Hopefully tomorrow is a day of celebration icon_thumright.gif

45 mins left? Wow, slow down there then!!!

In both my last exams, I had less than 5 minutes in the first exam and the second one, I think it was just under 20 mins....
    Labbing everything out helped me be able to go through it quicker, and find the "issue" quicker. I just know where I messed up by not answering a certain scenario right, and a few other areas I think I got tripped up on. So, taking my time on this one. I'll post back tomorrow after the exam :D
  • 416_guy416_guy Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can do it, good luck!!!
  • Geetar28Geetar28 Member Posts: 101
    Good Luck. Knock it in the head!!!
  • NuulNuul Member Posts: 158
    You can do eeeeeeet
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to keep you posted, I go tomorrow morning @ 9:00 AM to take the TSHOOT exam. I'll post the updated status here after wards. I can't wait for tomorrow morning to get here!
    You can do it man. Just take your time. I really am looking forward to becoming CCNP soon. I figure by at least the end of the year.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • BluetorchBluetorch Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck man! Take it with confidence, you know the material, and come out with your CCNP
    In Progress:
    BS - Information and Communication Technology
    CCIE Written
    DRUMMMMMMMMMMM ROLL..............

TSHOOT HAD IT'S BEHIND KICK! HIIIIII YA this morning passed with an 862. Only took me 40 minutes this time. I was more easily able to identify the issues I previously screwed up on. I AM NOW CCNP! THE CELEBRATION BEGINS!!! icon_cheers.gif I wasn't rushing through the exam. I was just able to easily recognize the issues, locate where the problem lied, and investigate it and identify the issue and move on.

Thank you to everyone here for the encouragement! You guys are awesome!!!!
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Awesome!!!! What's next?

So do you still think that the TSHOOT books are worthless?
    You are the man!!! Now that you passed, I can say, wow, it would have been devistating if you failed a 3rd time! LOL....that would have been $600 bucks out the window....

Congrats....so yes, what is next?
  • zerglingszerglings Member Posts: 295 ■■■□□□□□□□
    DRUMMMMMMMMMMM ROLL..............

TSHOOT HAD IT'S BEHIND KICK! HIIIIII YA this morning passed with an 862. Only took me 40 minutes this time. I was more easily able to identify the issues I previously screwed up on. I AM NOW CCNP! THE CELEBRATION BEGINS!!! icon_cheers.gif I wasn't rushing through the exam. I was just able to easily recognize the issues, locate where the problem lied, and investigate it and identify the issue and move on.

Thank you to everyone here for the encouragement! You guys are awesome!!!!

I told you. You'll be fine! You worry too much. c",)
    knwminus wrote: »
    So do you still think that the TSHOOT books are worthless?

I still think so. Well, only the TSHOOT by Kevin Wallace that is. His TSHOOT book only prepared me for some of the MCQs and not the trouble tickets.
    :study: Life+
    I know. I only spent $400 total since I didn't have to pay for the 1st try the beta.

In regards to the TSHOOT books, don't waste your money. Honestly you don't need it. I skimmed it and there is really nothing worth your money in it. If you spend good time on ROUTE + SWITCH, you'll do just find. Spend some time knowing how to implement all the technologies, then get the TSHOOT topology build it from the ground up. I believe I may write a blog or a post about how to fully prepare for the TSHOOT exam. I am going to review and make sure I don't violate NDA. Keep you posted on that blog or a post here. Everything in my BSCI and BCMSN book prepared me for this exam. It is just "knowing" the technologies what they do, and how to troubleshoot and find the problem. Anyone going to take the exam. My #1 recommendation:

#1 - PAY ATTENTION to fine detail. I didn't really do this on my last attempt and that's the reason why I believe I failed. This time around I knew what I did wrong and I really payed attention and I came out on top. The irony behind it all was this was the scoreboard:

Cisco 3 vs. Bill Scott 3

Breakdown:

Cisco -> TSHOOT (2) Fail. BSCI (1) Fail. (Total: 3)

Bill Scott -> CCNA pass, BSCI pass, BCMSN pass. (Total: 3)

So today was the tie breaker icon_lol.gif I would say I hit a homerun icon_thumright.gif

Next up = CCIE Written. I plan to buy the CCIE books and start studying for the written test. I hope to test within the next six months on the written, just depending on how much time I can dedicate to studying and when I feel ready. icon_thumright.gif. I also need to review my ISCW book. So I may study and take the CCNA Security since they say the material overlaps a good bit. I have the CBT Nuggets videos as well. So I may try to accomplish this and maybe CCNA: Voice as well. Haven't decided yet for sure. CCNP for me is a big accomplishment, and it is now time to relax for the day and celebrate. A friend of mine took his CCNA today and passed, so he suggested next weekend we meet up for drinks to celebrate. As for today's celebration I plan to crack open a nice bottle of wine or drink a few mixed drinks or beers. Maybe some of each. LOL
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!!!! Good luck with your future endeavors!
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
    #1 - PAY ATTENTION to fine detail. I didn't really do this on my last attempt and that's the reason why I believe I failed. This time around I knew what I did wrong and I really payed attention and I came out on top.

I told you on your previous thread that paying attention is the key to pass the exam. I had no doubt that you know the BSCI and BCMSN material.
  • *BB**BB* Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    Procrastinator extraordinaire
  • burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    Great job! Overall how would you say the CCNP has benefited you, from start to finish.
    Great job! Overall how would you say the CCNP has benefited you, from start to finish.

Zerglings -> I know you did and I 100% agree with you! icon_thumright.gif

It has benefited me by helping me learn more materials in depth to be honest. Yes the CCNA you learn stuff as well, but you pretty much just learn the basics of stuff. When you start getting into the CCNP level exams. Stuff gets more difficult you have to apply your knowledge. Overall the CCNP has allowed me to better understand things such as OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, Multicasting, IPV6. It has also allowed me to learn how these technologies are supposed to work together and what happens when there is an issue, and how to more easily identify it. I hope that CCNP opens up some new doors for me. All I can say Marc is I'm sure you'll be fine you know the technologies as well, just pay attention to fine detail. I made a TSHOOT FAQ for individuals I guess it is an ok post, I was kind of hoping it becomes a sticky :D
    zerglings wrote: »
    I told you on your previous thread that paying attention is the key to pass the exam. I had no doubt that you know the BSCI and BCMSN material.

This is something that I too need to work on. I think so many people, including myself read a question and just quickly think we know the answer.

Actually I shouldn't speak for everyone else, that's how I am. Successfully passing exams is also in the reading/interpretation, as well as knowing the technical stuff...
  • typeshtypesh Member Posts: 168
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
    This is something that I too need to work on. I think so many people, including myself read a question and just quickly think we know the answer.

Actually I shouldn't speak for everyone else, that's how I am. Successfully passing exams is also in the reading/interpretation, as well as knowing the technical stuff...

There were trouble tickets that were in TSHOOT beta that you think Cisco was not gonna ask you because its too easy to spot the problem. But man, Cisco got me good because there were trouble tickets that were so easy to spot if I was paying attention to the commands in the running-config. Cisco won in trying to cut down the minutes left in the exam because of my assumption that Cisco won't test me on those. Nevertheless, I passed the TSHOOT beta. TSHOOT is very doable on the first try. You just have to pay attention to all lines in the running-configuration that is related to the problem you are troubleshooting. It also helps if you have troubleshooting experience even if your troubleshooting experience isn't related to the technologies that you're troubleshooting. Just having that intuition helps, I guess.
    There are trouble tickets out there that you think Cisco is not gonna ask you because its too easy to spot the problem but I gotta tell you that Cisco got me good because there were trouble tickets in the TSHOOT beta that were so easy to spot but I wasn't really paying attention to details and it cost me several minutes that was so important during the beta because of the amount of trouble tickets that they were throwing at you. Nonetheless, TSHOOT is very doable on the first try. You just have to pay attention to all lines in the running-configuration that is related to the problem you are troubleshooting.

Not to compare TSHOOT to the CCIE lab, but I've been hearing this for CCIE lab as well. Other than having nerves of steel, it seems Cisco has a really interesting way to ask you simple questions that make them hard to answer....
    Not to compare TSHOOT to the CCIE lab, but I've been hearing this for CCIE lab as well. Other than having nerves of steel, it seems Cisco has a really interesting way to ask you simple questions that make them hard to answer....

Actually, it wasn't the question. It was the thought that Cisco will make it harder. I wish I can give an example but it'll be really similar to TSHOOT beta that's why I don't want to give an example. I am afraid that it'll be against Cisco's NDA. Some of the trouble tickets were really easy. I mean literally easy. Even a non-BSCI or BCMSN passer will figure it out as long as they read and understood the material of course. You just have to pay attention to the running-configuration and it'll really save you time to move on to the next.
    Actually, it wasn't the question. It was the thought that Cisco will make it harder. I wish I can give an example but it'll be really similar to TSHOOT beta that's why I don't want to give an example. I am afraid that it'll be against Cisco's NDA. Some of the trouble tickets were really easy. I mean literally easy. Even a non-BSCI or BCMSN passer will figure it out as long as they read and understood the material of course. You just have to pay attention to the running-configuration and it'll really save you time to move on to the next.

I agree!