Options

Cisco Trade-In

mensmens Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi

So what's the deal with the Cisco trade-in? I know companies deliver their used equipment back to Cisco and I guess they get some money back, or some price-cut for new stuff.

But what happens to the equipment from there? Do companies like ciscokits and the likes have deals with Cisco and buy the traded-in stuff?

How do I proceed if I, say, want to set up a business which deals in used hardware, and want to buy cheap old stuff from Cisco?

Comments

• Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    mens wrote: »
    Hi

So what's the deal with the Cisco trade-in? I know companies deliver their used equipment back to Cisco and I guess they get some money back, or some price-cut for new stuff.

But what happens to the equipment from there? Do companies like ciscokits and the likes have deals with Cisco and buy the traded-in stuff?

How do I proceed if I, say, want to set up a business which deals in used hardware, and want to buy cheap old stuff from Cisco?

Call Cisco and ask. I doubt anyone here has the info.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    I'd expect the old equipment to be destroyed or refurbished to be used as spare parts.

The Cisco secondhand equipment resellers buy their stock from auctions and companies that are closing down or upgrading their network.