Options

Changes to the CCNP

Dr_AtomicDr_Atomic Member Posts: 184
I've been told by coworkers where I work that the CCNP track is a lot "easier" than the old track - at least covering less material. I also hear it's three tests now compared to four from the old track.

Can someone elaborate on this, please? I've been considering pursuing the CCNP track.

Comments

• Options
    zerglingszerglings Member Posts: 295 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't know if it easier or not. Jeremy Cioara said that if you don't know what you're doing then you'll fail the ROUTE exam. Wendell Odom had some difficulty with the TSHOOT exam so I don't think it is 'easier'. I haven't read any blogs about the SWITCH yet so I can't quote someone. The two names that I mentioned are CCIEs so if they think it's pretty hard then I'll take their word. As what notgoing2fail's signature says, "it is easy when you know how".
    :study: Life+
  • Options
    Dr_AtomicDr_Atomic Member Posts: 184
    zerglings wrote: »
    I don't know if it easier or not. Jeremy Cioara said that if you don't know what you're doing then you'll fail the ROUTE exam. Wendell Odom had some difficulty with the TSHOOT exam so I don't think it is 'easier'. I haven't read any blogs about the SWITCH yet so I can't quote someone. The two names that I mentioned are CCIEs so if they think it's pretty hard then I'll take their word. As what notgoing2fail's signature says, "it is easy when you know how".

Yeah - if a CCIE think's it hard, then a CCNA is pretty much screwed, I think.
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    zerglings wrote: »
    I haven't read any blogs about the SWITCH yet so I can't quote someone.

The guy who wrote the official cert guide for the CCNP SWITCH (Dave Hucaby) has a blog . HTH.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    They're just like any other Cisco exam -- the more you Study and Lab, the easier they get.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The guy who wrote the official cert guide for the CCNP SWITCH (Dave Hucaby) has a blog . HTH.

-Peanut

from the above blog.. is this and easy question to be asked? or to easy for ccnp (and this is almost identical to the real exam, as I mentioned in another blog expect to complete in 10 min or so)

CCNP Switch – Planning Topics Ponder the Network (and other things)

remember the ccnp should be a stepping stone between ccna and ccie. it's defiantly a significant step up from the ccna in my view.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    I don't think it's gotten any easier. Some topics were removed, and it's three versus four exams, but I think the addition of the TSHOOT exam should make it more difficult.
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    ColbyG wrote: »
    I don't think it's gotten any easier. Some topics were removed, and it's three versus four exams, but I think the addition of the TSHOOT exam should make it more difficult.

I agree that it has been made more difficult. Some topics were removed but with the TSHOOT you have to apply that knowledge. For those that work in that area every day yes it may be easier. But, it will still test your knowledge and abilities icon_thumright.gif No Cisco test gets "easier" lol. Unless you study and lab it. Cisco will never make them "easier" How would they make money? LOL.
  • Options
    zerglingszerglings Member Posts: 295 ■■■□□□□□□□

-Peanut

Yea, I know that Dave Hucaby has a blog. Never bothered to check his blog though. He was also the author for the BCMSN book.
    :study: Life+