Options

ICND2: One more time

shaqazoolushaqazoolu Member Posts: 259 ■■■■□□□□□□
I am taking this stupid test again tomorrow. I'm not really sure how I feel about it right now. I feel really comfortable with all of the conceptual stuff, subnetting and configuration. The only thing I am worried about is whether or not I will be able to teach myself what specific output each "show" command produces in the next 10 or so hours. I am still failing practice tests by a tiny margin which is pretty much where I was when I passed CCNA Security. I am by far more comfortable with this material than I was with CCNA:S when I took it though.

For some reason I can't help but still be a billion times more nervous about this one...this is pretty much the turning point of the year for me and if I fail I won't be able to look at this stuff again until October, which means I will pretty much have to start over. The pressure is getting to me.
:study:

Comments

• Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    shaqazoolu wrote: »
    I am taking this stupid test again tomorrow. I'm not really sure how I feel about it right now. I feel really comfortable with all of the conceptual stuff, subnetting and configuration. The only thing I am worried about is whether or not I will be able to teach myself what specific output each "show" command produces in the next 10 or so hours. I am still failing practice tests by a tiny margin which is pretty much where I was when I passed CCNA Security. I am by far more comfortable with this material than I was with CCNA:S when I took it though.

For some reason I can't help but still be a billion times more nervous about this one...this is pretty much the turning point of the year for me and if I fail I won't be able to look at this stuff again until October, which means I will pretty much have to start over. The pressure is getting to me.

I know the pressure feeling all too well! Do not falter! This is your house now icon_cheers.gif. You have seen the exam so you know what to expect. From what I heard, time management and subnet subnet subnet = success! Get in the zone on game day and let nothing stop you; not even a fire alarm sounding in the building!
  • Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    How did you get CCNA: S without a CCNA?
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    phantasm wrote: »
    How did you get CCNA: S without a CCNA?

I started ICND2 last year and failed by like 40 points in December. My company is paying for it so it was decided to go ahead with CCNA:S instead of taking another stab at ICND2 to get the training material on 2009's training budget.

I guess to answer your question, technically I don't...until tomorrow icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif.
  • Options
    I started ICND2 last year and failed by like 40 points in December. My company is paying for it so it was decided to go ahead with CCNA:S instead of taking another stab at ICND2 to get the training material on 2009's training budget.

I guess to answer your question, technically I don't...until tomorrow icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif.

Interesting. Well good luck then on your ICND2!!
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    until tomorrow icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif.
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif

Do you get the rest of the week off to Celebrate? Technically it will be an exam pass celebration PLUS a 2 Certification celebration. Realistically the best they could hope for at work would be for you to drag in by Thursday.... maybe. icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    In about 4 hours I am either going to be the most excited or the most depressed human being on the face of the planet. The end is near.
  • Options
    typeshtypesh Member Posts: 168
  • Options
    tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    2 certs at once is a damn good feeling... When I did my convergence+ cert I got an Avaya IP telephony cert at the same time... Similar situation where I had passed a previous Avaya exam but needed convergence+ to get the official cert.

Downside is that I put off CCNA for about 6 months to study for that one ......

GOOD LUCK!
  • Options
    903/1000

Not only 2 certs in one day, but apparently some NSTISSI 4011 recognition comes with getting the CCNA and CCNA Security. I am pleased.

SUCK IT CISCO. VENGEANCE IS MINE! $$$$$$$$$
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Not only 2 certs in one day, but apparently some NSTISSI 4011 recognition
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Sounds like you need to "call in sick" drunken_smilie.gif for the rest of the week :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Way to nail it man!! That's the same score I got on the ICND2... I need to do the CCNA S after the Sec+ now. Way to go!!
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    903/1000

Not only 2 certs in one day, but apparently some NSTISSI 4011 recognition comes with getting the CCNA and CCNA Security. I am pleased.

SUCK IT CISCO. VENGEANCE IS MINE! $$$$$$$$$

Congrats! So glad to see you nailed it this time.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    typeshtypesh Member Posts: 168
    Awesome! Congrats man!! :)
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Well done =)
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Glad to see you got it! Nice score! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    victory

what's that recognition thing? Can someone fill me in on that?
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've been waiting to see the outcome of this. CONGRATS!!!! icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif