Options

Capture the Flag

NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
If anyone is interested there is a capture the flag contest on July 9th...details here:

smp Capture The Flag (CTF) 2010 Hacker Olympics

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Cool. OffSec has their second challenge kicking off in a few days as well: Cyber Hacking Challenge by Offensive Security
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would do it if I had like 30 years experience haha.
  • Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    One of these years I promised myself I would goto DefCon. Too bad my job pays me crap and I can't afford it. lol.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    Cool. OffSec has their second challenge kicking off in a few days as well: Cyber Hacking Challenge by Offensive Security

One day I will enter one of these. Right now I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get past the "noob filter". icon_redface.gif
  • Options
    ChronusMaximusChronusMaximus Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    One day I will enter one of these. Right now I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get past the "noob filter". icon_redface.gif

I agree, one of these days I want to get into that. Have you tried the wargames over at SmashTheStack Wargaming Network I haven't had much time lately but it was a big rush to figure out the solution and log in to the next level.

I know there is a few sites out there that let you practice different security exploits(programming, networking, web attacks,etc.)
    WIP: CCNA
  • Options
    I agree, one of these days I want to get into that. Have you tried the wargames over at SmashTheStack Wargaming Network I haven't had much time lately but it was a big rush to figure out the solution and log in to the next level.

I know there is a few sites out there that let you practice different security exploits(programming, networking, web attacks,etc.)

Yeah I have all those sites bookmarked and have played through a couple of them. Time is always the big concern and sometimes just not enough experience in the security field doesn't help either.