Comments

• Options
    never2latenever2late Member Posts: 122
    Good luck. I know you will do well.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    erpadmin wrote: »
    Can I get a rebate? icon_lol.gif j/k

I take the test on Thursday and I've primarily read Darril's book and tested my knowledge on his tests, the Transcenders and MeasureUp. I read through the whole thing and I really can't wait now!

Good luck!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Is there a PDF version available to purchase or not yet? I will not be able to buy the book and ship it here. so I was hoping I can instead buy a PDF version of it if it's available? I don't have a kindle as well.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Kindle has the pc app, the apple app, iphone app, android app, and even a blackberry app. So while you can't get a pdf version, there are plenty of ways to read it without buying a kindle.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »

That's AMAZING thank you earweed, will do so right now.
  • Options
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Kindle has the pc app, the apple app, iphone app, android app, and even a blackberry app. So while you can't get a pdf version, there are plenty of ways to read it without buying a kindle.

I never heard this, that's why this site as I said in a previous thread is VERY helpful.
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »

Man what a bad luck I have...icon_sad.gif
    This title is not available for customers from your location in:
    Middle East (change region)

However when I clicked on change region to USA it went fine. One question though can I read this on more than one PC? like at work and home or it will only be available on one?

I'm super new to this Kindle thing.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    za3bour wrote: »
    Man what a bad luck I have...icon_sad.gif

However when I clicked on change region to USA it went fine. One question though can I read this on more than one PC? like at work and home or it will only be available on one?

I'm super new to this Kindle thing.

Yes. I have the Kindle PC at work (that I only used once) and the regular Kindle. You can have the app in more than one place.

Also, don't forget that Darril has Audio books as well (also for $9.99)! I posted about it not too long ago in this very subforum. :) I did hear a sample, and the gentleman that Darril hired was very clear. I would hope the others are the same as well.

Between that and the Kindle book, there is no other certification resource where you can spend so little to obtain so much...lmao. I wish I had believed that initially.....lol. He really is the only thing you need to pass this exam.
  • Options
    Yes. I have the Kindle PC at work (that I only used once) and the regular Kindle. You can have the app in more than one place.

Also, don't forget that Darril has Audio books as well (also for $9.99)! I posted about it not too long ago in this very subforum. :) I did hear a sample, and the gentleman that Darril hired was very clear. I would hope the others are the same as well.

Between that and the Kindle book, there is no other certification resource where you can spend so little to obtain so much...lmao. I wish I had believed that initially.....lol. He really is the only thing you need to pass this exam.

Thanks Man,

His book is the only book on Amazon that has 5 stars, the reviews are amazing and it seems the book is really enough. Not sure about Audio though I don't like this kind of reading I've never tried it but I just have to read and write in order to understand.

So it will not be a problem if I have the Kindle PC at home and at work, so how does this work? do you just download the book or it will be integrated with the software?
  • Options
    That was quick :D I just bought it and I'm viewing it on my Kindle PC, pretty cool... and much cheaper than buying the real book I mean 10$ is really cheap. Thanks Daril for having this book available at such a low price. Now my journey has started for Security+.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    za3bour wrote: »
    Thanks Man,

His book is the only book on Amazon that has 5 stars, the reviews are amazing and it seems the book is really enough. Not sure about Audio though I don't like this kind of reading I've never tried it but I just have to read and write in order to understand.

So it will not be a problem if I have the Kindle PC at home and at work, so how does this work? do you just download the book or it will be integrated with the software?

That was quick :D I just bought it and I'm viewing it on my Kindle PC, pretty cool... and much cheaper than buying the real book I mean 10$ is really cheap. Thanks Daril for having this book available at such a low price. Now my journey has started for Security+.

When you finish that book, you'll not only be ready for the exam, but you will understand why his book deserves those 5 stars. Trust me, for the most part, they are well deserved.

You won't be an expert in information security, but as I've stated earlier, that's not the purpose of this book. It's only to get you very familiar with the Security+ objectives so that you pass the exam the first time. :) Just be sure to take the chapter exams at the end of the book. If you get over 80%, move on to the next chapter. When you get to the final exam if you get 80% or above (shoot for 90% though), sit for the exam.
  • Options
    When you finish that book, you'll not only be ready for the exam, but you will understand why his book deserves those 5 stars. Trust me, for the most part, they are well deserved.

You won't be an expert in information security, but as I've stated earlier, that's not the purpose of this book. It's only to get you very familiar with the Security+ objectives so that you pass the exam the first time. :) Just be sure to take the chapter exams at the end of the book. If you get over 80%, move on to the next chapter. When you get to the final exam if you get 80% or above (shoot for 90% though), sit for the exam.

Thanks a lot for the tip, to be honest with you I'm doing the exam because I was requested to by the company I work for (they will not pay for the exam though icon_rolleyes.gif) but that's being said it's an investment.

I'm confused about what to do next so this might open my eyes to some new domains.
  • Options
    LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    LinuxRacr wrote: »
    I just ordered this book last night myself. My goal is to obtain the CISSP, but my first step in this journey is obtaining my Security + certification. I especially want to obtain the Security + this year, due to the changes in CompTIA's policies regarding certification longevity.

I forgot to mention is this thread that after I read the book for a couple of weeks, I passed the exam the first time with a score of 800 back in September, with no other supplemental study sources.
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!