Passed the Beast now MCSA

citinerdcitinerd Posts: 266Member
I passed the beast today with a 935. I got 9 sims which is about average for what I have read in the past. It took me about 3 months of studying the MS press and Sybex book and of course lots of labs and it doesn't hurt to practice with my everyday job. Now on to 293 and/or 294..... Wish me luck

Comments

  • earweedearweed Posts: 5,192Member ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on a great score and a job well doneicon_cheers.gif

    Don't forget to take a break and get away from theicon_study.gif for a bit so you don't burn out.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Posts: 1,096Member ■■■■■□□□□□
    Great job on the score and on getting through the MSPress book. I found it a hard one to read.
  • citinerdcitinerd Posts: 266Member
    earweed wrote: »
    Congrats on a great score and a job well doneicon_cheers.gif

    Don't forget to take a break and get away from theicon_study.gif for a bit so you don't burn out.

    I do take about 1-2 weeks between... I have gotten burnt out before and that is not very productive. It helps that I work 3rd shift and can study a bit at work.
  • citinerdcitinerd Posts: 266Member
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    Great job on the score and on getting through the MSPress book. I found it a hard one to read.

    Thanks! I too find all MSPress books a very dry read that is why I like to sprinkle in the Sybex books. I figure between the two it should cover most everything.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Senior Member Posts: 2,687Member ■■■■■■■■■□
    That is a rock-solid score! nice work
  • TrueliesTruelies Posts: 16Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I passed it too today! A score of 828... a lot of sims, probably something on subnetting, some WSUS 3.0! icon_sad.gif
    I did 100% on DNS, IP Addressing and RRAS... unfortunately I was not prepared on WSUS 3.0 and Terminal Server security (!!!) Anyway a pass is a pass! icon_wink.gif

    I used TestOut (very good material, videos, simulations, q/a), the Syngress manual (a little bit too long and dispersive for me) and Tom Kitta notes... thanks too a friend I viewed also some CBT Nuggets videos (James Conrad), it was really useful to learn how to subnet!

    After the holidays I will start to study for Exchange 2007

    Ciao!
    Truelies

    P.S. Edited as kindly requested... X-D
  • phoeneousphoeneous Go ping yourself... Posts: 2,333Member ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats to both of you!
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Posts: 4,212Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats to both of you.

    @Trulies You might want to consider editing your post. Giving exact question counts may get you into trouble.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • phoeneousphoeneous Go ping yourself... Posts: 2,333Member ■■■■■■■□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Congrats to both of you.

    @Trulies You might want to consider editing your post. Giving exact question counts may get you into trouble.

    And having too many smilies :)
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Posts: 4,212Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    phoeneous wrote: »
    And having too many smilies :)

    To be technical, there is really only 1 smile. There are also 2 winks and 2 sad faces.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • citinerdcitinerd Posts: 266Member
    Truelies wrote: »
    Congrats! I passed it too today! A score of 828... a lot of sims, probably something on subnetting, some WSUS 3.0! icon_sad.gif
    I did 100% on DNS, IP Addressing and RRAS... unfortunately I was not prepared on WSUS 3.0 and Terminal Server security (!!!) Anyway a pass is a pass! icon_wink.gif

    I used TestOut (very good material, videos, simulations, q/a), the Syngress manual (a little bit too long and dispersive for me) and Tom Kitta notes... thanks too a friend I viewed also some CBT Nuggets videos (James Conrad), it was really useful to learn how to subnet!

    After the holidays I will start to study for Exchange 2007

    Ciao!
    Truelies

    P.S. Edited as kindly requested... X-D

    Congrats on your pass as well!!! I guess Monday was a good day for once :-0
Sign In or Register to comment.