70-642 this Friday

rphannrphann Posts: 76Member ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm scheduled to take the 70-642 exam this Friday. We'll see how it goes...I've been studying like crazy...

Comments

  • earweedearweed Posts: 5,192Member ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck, I'm taking mine next Monday.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • beany101beany101 Posts: 20Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! I am just starting studying for this today......Hope you get on ok.
    MCSA and MCITP:EA - hooray!! (29th July 2010)

    70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-680, 70-640, 70-642, 70-643, 70-647

    :thumbup:
  • texasittexasit Posts: 147Member
    Good luck man. This test hits on quite a few things so make sure you know it all. DNS,dhcp,Subnetting,RRAS,VPNs,Routing,NPS, etc.Make sure you use a practice test like measureup or transcender to guage how well you know the material.
  • za3bourza3bour Posts: 1,062Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Me too my exam is on friday at 1:00 PM I've studied really hard and I feel confident however i'm afraid of nap&rras/monitoring I hope I don't get a lot of questions about them. It will be a long journey for me though (around 3-4 hours by car) to reach the test center since it's in Lebanon while I'm in Syria but i do love the challenge :D

    Good luck for you and for all test takers after i pass it by god well i will hit 70-640 in August my goal is to be EA certified by end of year. (already passed 70-680 in April)I hope it's a realistic date.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Posts: 4,212Member
    Good luck to all of you. Remember that if you fail, you are not welcome in this forum anymore. :p
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • rphannrphann Posts: 76Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the best wishes and advices. After hearing stories of how far people have to travel to take the test, it makes my 30 minutes trip not to bad at all... :) Good luck to those attempting to take this test as well...
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow CISSP, GXPN, OSCE, OSCP, OSWP, eMAPT, CEH, CNDA, A+, Network+, Security+ Posts: 1,501Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck! Bring home a victory!icon_cheers.gif

  • za3bourza3bour Posts: 1,062Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    rphann wrote: »
    Thanks for the best wishes and advices. After hearing stories of how far people have to travel to take the test, it makes my 30 minutes trip not to bad at all... :) Good luck to those attempting to take this test as well...

    Thanks man :) wish you the best luck, it's really frustrating that you can't take an exam in your own country but what can we say it's politics and its always not fair.

    Less than 12 hours to my exam, i should get some sleep but i keep reading my notes (9 pages) just to make sure every thing is OK.

    I'm confident thought i heard that the exam is straight forward so let's see ;)
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Posts: 4,212Member
    At this stage of the game, sleep > notes
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • getitngogetitngo Posts: 44Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! I just cracked opened the book, I hope to take it next month
    In Progress:
    Degree in Engineering
  • zippie666zippie666 Posts: 29Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    rphann wrote: »
    I'm scheduled to take the 70-642 exam this Friday. We'll see how it goes...I've been studying like crazy...

    Monday I'll be having a 30 minute drive too to take the same exam! Mainly used the CBT nuggets, googling and Windows Server 2008 on my laptop to experiment with. I'm most scared of RRAS and DNS, but we'll see!
    Current cert:
    MCSA: Windows 7, 8 & Server 2008
    EXIN ITIL v3 Foundation
    EXIN ISO 27002 Foundations
    CIW Web Professional
  • za3bourza3bour Posts: 1,062Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    PASSED with 950 it was an easy test very straight forward and i found it much easier than 70-680 a lot of questions about nap and dns.

    The books i read (ms and sybex) covered every thing you can imagine so i wasn't surprised when i saw the question. I finished the exam in 45 minutes and i'm really happy this is my first ever server based exam.

    I did study really hard for around 3 weeks so my advice to every one is to study hard and if you do so you will find that the exam isn't hard at all.

    Now my goal is to pass 70-640 i will take a break to watch world cup 2010 then i will take the exam on august. my ultimate goal is to be MCITP-EA by end of 2010.

    btw i didn't sleep (only one hour) because i had to wake up 4:00 AM my time to watch boston vs lakers and i felt really bad cause my favourite team boston lost but they played a great game.

    will write a thread about my experience (the travel,the study, the exam ..etc) :D
  • beany101beany101 Posts: 20Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice work - congratulations!! I have just started studying for it...Enjoy the world cup!
    MCSA and MCITP:EA - hooray!! (29th July 2010)

    70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-680, 70-640, 70-642, 70-643, 70-647

    :thumbup:
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Posts: 4,212Member
    congrats, good work.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • zippie666zippie666 Posts: 29Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    za3bour wrote: »
    PASSED with 950 it was an easy test very straight forward and i found it much easier than 70-680 a lot of questions about nap and dns.


    Congrats! I already have the 70-680, and I'm going to try this one fast because the student discount of 52% and free second shot only lasts until the end of this month. I hope I'm not rushing too fast and fail (or even fail twice!). Don't know what I will do after this exam, I have a 15% discount voucher and I will probably go for the 70-685 this summer
    Current cert:
    MCSA: Windows 7, 8 & Server 2008
    EXIN ITIL v3 Foundation
    EXIN ISO 27002 Foundations
    CIW Web Professional
  • earweedearweed Posts: 5,192Member ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the great score.
    Hopefully I can do that good on mine. From the practice tests I've been taking I've been nailing the NAP and DNS areas so I should be OK. I had gone into the DNS area of the 642 MS Press book while studying for the 70-640 and that helped plus it made it easier while studying the other 642 stuff.
    I've labbed every type of NAP scenario at least twice and I'm redoing some other labs today and tomorrow.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • za3bourza3bour Posts: 1,062Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    beany101 wrote: »
    Nice work - congratulations!! I have just started studying for it...Enjoy the world cup!

    Thanks a lot ,It's not the best world cup ever but it's getting better and better i'm watching Algeria vs England now it's a tough one.
  • za3bourza3bour Posts: 1,062Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    Congrats on the great score.
    Hopefully I can do that good on mine. From the practice tests I've been taking I've been nailing the NAP and DNS areas so I should be OK. I had gone into the DNS area of the 642 MS Press book while studying for the 70-640 and that helped plus it made it easier while studying the other 642 stuff.
    I've labbed every type of NAP scenario at least twice and I'm redoing some other labs today and tomorrow.

    Thanks man, it's the best score i have so far with Microsoft.Since you are reading 70-640 i'm sure that would help I do wanna give you some advices but i don't really know exactly what the rules are (what not to talk about) the practice test that came with both books are great make sure you get more than 90% on them that will give you more confidence and they do cover the areas of the exam very well.Good luck :)
  • za3bourza3bour Posts: 1,062Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    zippie666 wrote: »
    Congrats! I already have the 70-680, and I'm going to try this one fast because the student discount of 52% and free second shot only lasts until the end of this month. I hope I'm not rushing too fast and fail (or even fail twice!). Don't know what I will do after this exam, I have a 15% discount voucher and I will probably go for the 70-685 this summer

    I was rushing to because of the second shot but I booked the exam when i was 200% confident that i will pass and my advice is that you do the same even if this means you will use the discount. You still have time though good luck with it.
  • za3bourza3bour Posts: 1,062Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    congrats, good work.

    Thanks.
  • earweedearweed Posts: 5,192Member ■■■■■■■■■□
    za3bour wrote: »
    Thanks man, it's the best score i have so far with Microsoft.Since you are reading 70-640 i'm sure that would help I do wanna give you some advices but i don't really know exactly what the rules are (what not to talk about) the practice test that came with both books are great make sure you get more than 90% on them that will give you more confidence and they do cover the areas of the exam very well.Good luck :)
    I've already been using them. Scoring 80-90. i waited til I was done with the book to take the practice exams. What's with the authors telling you to take a practice exam at the end of each chapter? I don't use the practice exams to learn the questions but to gage what I need to restudy.
    Thanks for the good luck wishes. Have some fun watching the world cup!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • za3bourza3bour Posts: 1,062Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    I do the same too i don't try them at the end of each chapter by this i do know my weakness points better.
Sign In or Register to comment.