Options

VCAP - now that sounds interesting

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
Tempted to scrap my idea of getting Exchange certified ... being VCP3/4 that makes much more sense :)

VMware Introduces New Certifications to Recognize Advanced Virtualization Skills among Customers and Partners
Two Certified Advanced Professional Training Specialties to Choose From
To start, the VCAP program will offer two certification specialties for virtualization partners, end- users and consultants. VMware Certified Advanced Professional Datacenter Administration (VCAP-DCA) is directed toward System Administrators, Senior Consultants and Technical Support Engineers who are capable of working with large and/or more complex virtualized environments and can demonstrate technical leadership with VMware vSphere technologies. Successful candidates will also be capable of using automation tools, planning and designing virtualized solutions and administering all VMware vSphere Enterprise components. The exam for VCAP-DCA opens July 12, 2010. The other specialty, VMware Certified Advanced Professional Datacenter Design (VCAP-DCD), is directed toward IT Architects and Consulting Architects who can demonstrate their skills in designing VMware solutions in a multi-site, large enterprise environment. Successful candidates will have shown a deep understanding both of VMware core components and their relation to storage and networking, and also of datacenter design methodologies. They will also have shown knowledge of applications and physical infrastructure, as well as their relationship to the virtual infrastructure. Registration for the VCAP-DCD exam opens in August. VCP recipients interested in taking either or both of the VCAP exams may sign up to receive a notice when registrations open by visiting VMware Certification.
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I know, right...

@#$% I wish I had a freaking moment of free time to work on this cert... or any cert for that matter
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    blargoe wrote: »
    I know, right...

@#$% I wish I had a freaking moment of free time to work on this cert... or any cert for that matter

Tell me about it .. all the books I bought, Trainsignal DVDs and test server collecting dust ... Gotta stop thinking "work" in my spare time :/
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p