Passed!

J.QJ.Q Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
My expericence taking my first Microsoft Test was a memoriable one. My test crashed a total of eight times(very distracting). I was moved to 4 different computers to try and correct the problem..lol Anyways, the final crash happened when I finished the exam. Overall the test center personal were very apologetic and did what they could to correct the problem.

I want to thank all members that post their advice on what materials to study. I would come here weekly as I studied the material for the 290. It was very encouraging/motivitating reading all the posts that were titled "Passed!".

My study material were the MS Press, MCSE Nutshell, and TestOut. Study time was around six weeks. Score 718

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    J.Q wrote: »
    My expericence taking my first Microsoft Test was a memoriable one. My test crashed a total of eight times(very distracting). I was moved to 4 different computers to try and correct the problem..lol Anyways, the final crash happened when I finished the exam. Overall the test center personal were very apologetic and did what they could to correct the problem.

I want to thank all members that post their advice on what materials to study. I would come here weekly as I studied the material for the 290. It was very encouraging/motivitating reading all the posts that were titled "Passed!".

My study material were the MS Press, MCSE Nutshell, and TestOut. Study time was around six weeks. Score 718

Congrats on the pass, and welcome to TE. 8 crashes, thats pretty insane. Did you start early? I have often heard of problems that can occur if you start before your scheduled time.

How did you find the test? I found the test to be pretty easy. There were a few questions I know that I didn't know, but overall I thought it was pretty easy and straight forward. I only scored a 775 though, so it couldn't have been that easy. I had to have gotten more wrong than the 1 or 2 that I just didn't know. I wish I could see the ones I got wrong, just for a reference.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • J.QJ.Q Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @earweed Thank man! :)

@Devilsbane I started the test about 15 mins earlier than my orginal start time. Guess that explains the crashes.

I found the test pretty straight forward not overly difficult...of course the score does not reflect it. I hear you, wish there was a way to see which questions were wrong...I remember 3 question that I was unsure of.

Now onto the 291.
  • gatewaygateway Member Posts: 232
    Congrats on the pass! icon_thumright.gif
    Blogging my AWS studies here! http://www.itstudynotes.uk/aws-csa
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck with 291, I've been working with it for about two weeks now.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • skylineskyline Member Posts: 135
    Congrats on the pass.. Thats insane 8 crashes way to keep at it and not get distracted by it.

Good luck on 291..
    Goals for '11
    MCITP: EA
    ITIL
    CCNA

Studying:
    MS press book 70-680