Options

Preparation

stevendstevend Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I've just recently taken my Security+ exam. I have been using the Transcender & Prep Logic practice papers and successfully passed these tests.

So I decided to take the exam and I got just over 700. Now the transcender questions are nothing like the real exam questions. I've read quite a few posts with regards to the wording of particular questions on the real exam and I agree.

What do people make of the Boson practice papers and ****.com practice papers ?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Boson is a good name, although I've not seen their Sec+ book.

I think you'll see how we feel about your second choice.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    icon_scratch.gif I would rather have the knowledge and the cert, than just have the cert without the knowledge. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You should get a book(s) to go along with your test prep software to help you understand the material a bit better. I bet you would do a lot better on the exam if you approached it that way.
  • Options
    bananamanbananaman Inactive Imported Users Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have a boson Security+ practice test, and I really don't like it much. I am taking my Security+ test in less than a week hopefully. I want the free shirt they are giving away, otherwise I'd take it in a few weeks.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The Boson #3 is pretty good, but from all accounts the PrepLogic Sim is the one to get.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    bamaboybamaboy Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    PrepLogic is recommended by Comptia, they are legit.
    BAMABOY
  • Options
    JfinleyJfinley Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have heard people say that he Security + questions are really vague. I have moved my test up to this weekend in hopes of passing this before finals. My question is.... "What is the hardest part of the test? I am focusing on learning security thoroughly but wanted to know if there was something that I needs to place special attention on.[/img]
    Jonathan J. Finley | Service Desk Agent | GOIS | A+, Net+, Dsce
    |Unisys | 5700 S Mopac Bldg A Suite 100 | Austin, TX 78749 | 512-891-2176
  • Options
    magikratmagikrat Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'd say first of all, make sure you know the attacks by name and type of attack. Those questions are gimme points if you know them. I'd say the things that are most likely to throw you off might be PKI and SSL/TLS and IpSec. Lots of details to know there.

I also found more DRP/BCP stuff than I had planned on and I didn't put much time into that. Might be a few gimme points there, too.

Good luck!

Rat