career change: How to get out of IT!

2»

Comments

• bhs00bhs00 Member Posts: 70 ■■□□□□□□□□
    blargoe wrote: »
    Surely there's a local IT staffing company in your area that can help you.

It sounds like your wife is the one driving this change, not you. Maybe I'm misreading. Did I understand that she won't move unless you make enough to cover what both of you are making right now?

No its not my wife. It is difficult to find a teaching job in AL right now.

To the other post, I have contacted the cities in my area and they already have someone that does what you are saying. They basically have a contract to a local technician for this work.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It sounds like your wife is the one driving this change, not you. Maybe I'm misreading. Did I understand that she won't move unless you make enough to cover what both of you are making right now?

Married life isn't always about one person driving the change. I would never ask my wife to quit the job that she likes and has been for a long time just to suit myself. I wouldn't ask, and she likely wouldn't offer.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Married life isn't always about one person driving the change. I would never ask my wife to quit the job that she likes and has been for a long time just to suit myself. I wouldn't ask, and she likely wouldn't offer.

exactly
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I certainly didn't mean anything offensive by what I said guys... I misread the situation.

I have a brother in law and another good friend that ARE in marriages like that.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
    I certainly didn't mean anything offensive by what I said guys... I misread the situation.

I have a brother in law and another good friend that ARE in marriages like that.

No offense taken. Yea some guys are in a bad situation. Thankfully thats not how I am.