Options

How to recover

spartangtrspartangtr Member Posts: 111
I'll keep this short and sweet. I had a final interview today for a job I really want, interviewed with a few engineers, lots of techie questions, the usual. As I was driving home I realized I definitely forgot to grab their contact info. I remember the full name of one of them so I can safely guess his email address, but I just have first names of the others.

I've been in contact with the guy I had my first interview with. So my question is, would it be safe to email him(this is how we've been communicating) to get the contact info of the others or would that come off as lacking attention to detail(i really just forgot and had planned to get it)? I really want this job so I want to send thank you emails to these guys as well, and I actually do have a question for one of them.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Send hand-written thank-you card(s) and address them by their first name.
  • Options
    ipconfig.allipconfig.all Banned Posts: 428
    do a google search and try and find their contact info
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Linkedin.

See if they are on linked and get it from there. You could also request to be a contact of theres which really looks good (especially if they accept your request).
  • Options
    spartangtrspartangtr Member Posts: 111
    knwminus wrote: »
    Linkedin.

See if they are on linked and get it from there. You could also request to be a contact of theres which really looks good (especially if they accept your request).

Tried that before I posted this. :/
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I wouldn't sweat it too much... if you are in the final interview and everything was flowing well, you are probably in unless they find some dirt on your background. Hand written thank note would be OK.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Snail mail the thank you notes. Much more personal than an email.
    Decide what to be and go be it.