Clement Dupuis CISSP Boot Camp

hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
Greetings from Afghanistan,

I want to get the opinion of anyone that has knowledge of the Clement Dupuis CISSP boot camp. On the Security University website, he claims to have a 99% pass rate for all that attend his boot camp and take the exam immediately after. The boot camp is $2500 to include the exam fee. My company will reimburse me for the fee if I produce a PASS. If I fail, I will be out $2500.

Has anyone taken this boot camp? Does the pass rate sound anywhere close to correct? From what I've read, the average pass rate is 70% on the first try, is 99% of his class passing even feasible?

Anyone have any boot camps that they recommend for this cert?

Security University - CISSP® Prep Class for your CISSP® Exam

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I haven't taken it myself, but Clement's name is practically synonymous with the CISSP. He runs cccure.org and has authored much training material. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
  • JSimOJSimO Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What this usually means from all the instructors I have talked to. That 99% pass rate breaks down as this.

This is just an example!

His course has hundreds and hundreds of individuals take the boot camp and exam.

99 people that took the exam passed and reported it back to him.
    1 person failed and reported back to him.

The other couple hundred that passed/failed never reported it back to him.

Hopefully that makes sense. The only way for an instructor to know how many people passed/failed the exam, is if the individuals report it back to him.

Someone can correct me if they feel I am wrong.
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    JSimO wrote: »
    99 people that took the exam passed and reported it back to him.
    1 person failed and reported back to him.

The other couple hundred that passed/failed never reported it back to him.

I'd agree with this, I know from a course I did a few years ago thats exactly how they kept count. In my case there were around 12 of us on the course and only 3 of us actually sat the exam.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    Well I see that a few of you are CISSP certified. Would you recommend a Clement boot camp or something else? Mind sharing your certification path or techniques?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It depends on how you learn best. I personally don't feel like boot camps are worth it for me, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try it out. I primarily used the AIO book along with a little of the official guide. I did some of the questions on CCCure and used this reference a bit as well: cissp CISSP training Certified Information Systems Security Professional - New CISSP Aide Memoire by Eric Allaire -- Highly Recommended
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I used AIO but started with CISSP for Dummies (don't laugh!) to get my head wrapped around all of the domains, followed up with a CISSP Review course through CED Solutions, and passed in Dec. I have heard nothing but good things about Dupuis' class.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • failedcisspfailedcissp Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i actually took his boot camp in reston va....the class was really helpful and clement is a great teacher and a funny guy...i failed the first test however i took it again before i took the test and passed the next time

i would recommend taking it the week before your test so everything is fresh in your head!
    So take the boot camp and then take the test the day after the boot camp? I noticed that some of his boot camps are scheduled for that to happen.
  • failedcisspfailedcissp Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yea take it right before the test
  • heatmizer6heatmizer6 Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with the CISSP for dummies. I used it and it help me out alot.
    heatmizer6 wrote: »
    I agree with the CISSP for dummies. I used it and it help me out alot.

I have the edition 3 dummies now. We'll see what I learn from it. I just finished the Shon Harris videos, 34+ hours of bla bla bla wow. All bs aside, I did learn a ton from her but boy was it like pulling teeth!
  • esrink1esrink1 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My employer put us all through Clement’s boot camp last month. I probably wouldn’t have done it if I had to pay for it myself though, but I would recommend it now. The man is awesome, and definitely knows what he’s doing. We took the exam the day after the boot camp (a must) and I believe only 2 out of 17 failed. It is extremely fast paced though, so you definitely want to study for at least a couple of months beforehand. I studied using the vte.cert videos (next best thing), CISSP for Dummies (even Clement spoke highly of this book), PrepLogic videos / practice exams, and a couple thousand cccure practice exam questions. There are no practice exams that can prepare you for the real deal, and I had no idea whether I passed or failed afterwards. It was a long 3 weeks waiting for the results, but it turned out to be good news.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759
    esrink1 wrote: »
    My employer put us all through Clement’s boot camp last month. I probably wouldn’t have done it if I had to pay for it myself though, but I would recommend it now. The man is awesome, and definitely knows what he’s doing. We took the exam the day after the boot camp (a must) and I believe only 2 out of 17 failed. It is extremely fast paced though, so you definitely want to study for at least a couple of months beforehand. I studied using the vte.cert videos (next best thing), CISSP for Dummies (even Clement spoke highly of this book), PrepLogic videos / practice exams, and a couple thousand cccure practice exam questions. There are no practice exams that can prepare you for the real deal, and I had no idea whether I passed or failed afterwards. It was a long 3 weeks waiting for the results, but it turned out to be good news.

Where did you take the Clement boot camp? Was it in VA? If I don't pass in Nov I'll take the boot camp right after the results come in.
  • esrink1esrink1 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It was through Security University, but it was held at a hotel in WV. It was five 10 hour days with a ton of practice exams each night. He did a great job at covering all the material at just the right depth (mile wide and an inch deep). He covers everything that you need to know. There were no questions he couldn't answer either. He's a funny guy too. He said that his pass rate was something like 94%, and I said "that's about to drop". I was very happy to eat those words. Don't get me wrong though; if we hadn't all studied like crazy for about two months prior to the boot camp, I'm sure more people would have failed. Clement even emailed us when we first registered and told us two read/study at least two hours a day for two months prior.

If your company will flip the bill, I wouldn't hesitate to do it. Hopefully you'll be fine and pass in November, and won't have to even worry about it. Don't get discouraged if you feel like you failed afterwards. That's how we all felt.

Check out the Michael Overly Outline over on the cccure site in the CISSP_Study_Guides section. Clement recommended that we read it the night before the exam.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759
    esrink1 wrote: »
    It was through Security University, but it was held at a hotel in WV. It was five 10 hour days with a ton of practice exams each night. He did a great job at covering all the material at just the right depth (mile wide and an inch deep). He covers everything that you need to know. There were no questions he couldn't answer either. He's a funny guy too. He said that his pass rate was something like 94%, and I said "that's about to drop". I was very happy to eat those words. Don't get me wrong though; if we hadn't all studied like crazy for about two months prior to the boot camp, I'm sure more people would have failed. Clement even emailed us when we first registered and told us two read/study at least two hours a day for two months prior.

If your company will flip the bill, I wouldn't hesitate to do it. Hopefully you'll be fine and pass in November, and won't have to even worry about it. Don't get discouraged if you feel like you failed afterwards. That's how we all felt.

Check out the Michael Overly Outline over on the cccure site in the CISSP_Study_Guides section. Clement recommended that we read it the night before the exam.

Thanks for the advice on that outline, I'll go grab that now. My exam is in like 40 days or so. I have been studying at home and work daily with a total of 3-4 hours a day. Sometimes there's not much to do in Afghanistan and my boss doesn't mind because we're enhancing the company lol.

My company will reimburse us for a pass only so if we fail we eat the money lol. I'll go ahead and book my seat just in case I don't pass in Nov.